SWBF CUSTOM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SWBF CUSTOM

The best way to custom your games.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Designated Days Operations

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 21 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Icemember
Dark Trooper Phase 1 Class
Icemember

Registration Date : 2010-07-29

Designated Days Operations - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 9 I_icon_minitime11/30/2011, 5:09 am

Heres few turrets seen in Testing grounds. 2 of these weapons were based off the Vickers and 30cal browning.

The MS-28LIT
-----------------------------------------------------
Designated Days Operations - Page 9 Vinkers

MR-30LIT
------------------------------------------------------
Designated Days Operations - Page 9 Mr30ib

This here belongs to the republic. Got this up and running tonight

DC-100LIT
-------------------------------------------------------
Designated Days Operations - Page 9 Dc100team

Last edited by Icemember on 11/30/2011, 5:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding Info)
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 9 I_icon_minitime11/30/2011, 5:26 am

Ok, ummm....LOL you lost me. Are you with the team? And if your doing your very own project. Thats fine.

For your map, it is ok, we dont need it, as the DD team is headed to a pacific theme our selfs in a distant chapter. But not the actual pacific. Only Star wars direction.

As for the weapons, I will help you make a few to support your map. Thought future request not of DD must be made at the link I posted to you few posts back. I pass by there every now and then to help out others if not very busy. 8)
Back to top Go down
Noobasaurus
Clone Trooper Corporal
Clone Trooper Corporal
Noobasaurus

Registration Date : 2011-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 9 I_icon_minitime11/30/2011, 6:02 am

Tomorrow morning I'll have some screens up of the effect. I'm mad right now. elephant
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 9 I_icon_minitime11/30/2011, 6:09 am

Good to hear. Cheer up. Hope things go good fast for you Noobasaurus
Back to top Go down
SpartanA259
Clone Trooper PFC
Clone Trooper PFC
SpartanA259

Registration Date : 2011-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 9 I_icon_minitime11/30/2011, 6:16 am

Yes sir im still part of the team I just on occasions like to work on my past projects.
Those MGs are sweet cant wait to cut down troops with them.
EDIT: Never mind I dont need them for my side project right now ive got a new idea for those weapons. Would you mind if they are turned into props so they can be place on crates and the ground? Its just an idea.
Back to top Go down
Noobasaurus
Clone Trooper Corporal
Clone Trooper Corporal
Noobasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 9 I_icon_minitime11/30/2011, 3:36 pm

SpartanA259 wrote:
EDIT: Never mind I dont need them for my side project right now ive got a new idea for those weapons. Would you mind if they are turned into props so they can be place on crates and the ground? Its just an idea.
Like that one tatooine map with the explodable rocket shells? That would be awesome.

Here's the effect:
Spoiler:
3-4 streaks of smoke shoot out in random directions every time...it's pretty cool. I'll be making two more sizes of this, smaller and bigger.
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 9 I_icon_minitime11/30/2011, 10:44 pm

Looking good there. Can't wait too see what else comes. Smile
Back to top Go down
Noobasaurus
Clone Trooper Corporal
Clone Trooper Corporal
Noobasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 9 I_icon_minitime11/30/2011, 11:02 pm

Thanks. This morning I resized it to have a large and small version and made a new effect with three sizes. Screens soon and maybe video.
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

Registration Date : 2010-08-21
Location : The good 'ol United States of America, Iowa Great Lakes region

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 9 I_icon_minitime11/30/2011, 11:27 pm

Very nice flak effect and machine guns, good sir! I might be taking a hand at making effects sometime too. Just so I have more to offer to the plate, rather than a slow-progress map (don't worry, still working on it. I just want to be satisfied with the work. I'm actually going to go ahead and change the sky, along with adding rain, then I'll move the basic CP's and go in and get game shots of the area I'm working on at the moment. I will get this stuff done after dinner, which should be in a few minutes. I hope I got the mountain sky dome working correctly, if not I may need help with that, but I think I got that part done correctly.

I am working on the main facility at the moment, then I will start with the smaller ones, and eventually I will put in the foliage and the other object touch-ups. Then I have to work on the planning and barriers and adding in the 5th CP.

For those unclear of my map priorities/objectives.

Objectives list - Add CP
Finish main area
Work on and finish smaller facilities
Work on AI planning and barriers
Refine object placement and map effects
Refine and polish lighting and terrain
Work on applying sides, unless someone else has this
Send off map/map sources to other member for further polish

For after this map - work on Point High Hym (the bigger challenge).
Work on any other map idea I may have

Side projects during main objective - type up the main backstory. The reason behind the Republic assaulting the planet. The forms of government of the system. The details of each planet in the system and their significance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.loadedandplay.com
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 9 I_icon_minitime11/30/2011, 11:39 pm

LOL!!!

Ummm.......sorry, it just seemed you were ready to show us some awesome screenshots. But never the less, can't wait too see your results commander. Your creativity as seen in the DWB is awesome.

If you need help with adding a BG, I can whip up a quick tut on it. Maybe some other things.

Last edited by Icemember on 11/30/2011, 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding Info)
Back to top Go down
Noobasaurus
Clone Trooper Corporal
Clone Trooper Corporal
Noobasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 9 I_icon_minitime12/1/2011, 12:01 am

Anyone know the delay code for attaching an effect to a hardpoint? All of them happen at the same time and I don't want to go through every one to adjust the start delay. The kashyyyk splash prop had something...maybe I'll use that.

EDIT:

I also just finished some sizes of smokeplumes that are not in the video and am working on some dirt sprays.
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 9 I_icon_minitime12/1/2011, 12:53 am

WOW! thats what im talking about. That flak fire in the sky is awesome. This will do very nicely. Keep them coming.
Back to top Go down
Noobasaurus
Clone Trooper Corporal
Clone Trooper Corporal
Noobasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 9 I_icon_minitime12/1/2011, 1:12 am

For the dirtspray, do you want two versions - one with brown dirt and one with black dirt?
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 9 I_icon_minitime12/1/2011, 2:05 am

Yes plz do so. Perfect for night flak and day flak.
Back to top Go down
Noobasaurus
Clone Trooper Corporal
Clone Trooper Corporal
Noobasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 9 I_icon_minitime12/1/2011, 3:09 am

As promised, here is the video for the ground effects!

Some effects still have a bit of work.
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 9 I_icon_minitime12/1/2011, 3:30 am

Woah! Those are cool! Very nice. You're awesome with effects. Very Happy

Okay, presenting to you guys the VERY rough start of Farm Facility 2. Part 2 of Chapter 1 of the Designated Days story arc. Right now, the facility isn't much to look at, but this is the start of the main facility. Also, the added little detail of the cart that fell over and spilled its payload was one of the more frustrating parts, next to putting all four of the crates in the cart next to it. I had trouble aligning it and putting it in perfectly, but I'm not a robot, so...

As you see, I have done work - after weeks of not presenting anything (sorry Ice). This update for the mod was much needed. I wanted the mod to succeed almost as much as Ice. To prove it, I present a small portion of what I've done so far on my first assigned area of chapter 1. While it isn't much, it took awhile to get this stuff looking the way I wanted it.

Here's a link to the hidden album.
https://imgur.com/a/OyLoc#0

And here's the direct screenshots:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

It's coming along. Also, Ice, you showed me that layout screenshot (well, possible layout, which I'm trying to follow) and it shows the blue CP at the main facility. Does it imply that the Republic captured the main facility in Farm 2 and are awaiting a counterattack (they don't know it's coming, actually, so they're a bit caught by surprise)? That'd be a pretty cool explanation, actually.
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 9 I_icon_minitime12/1/2011, 11:27 am

Whoa! Thats was worth the wait. Love what im seeing Commander! Sky is good. Rain. Reminds me of that theme song from perfect dark on N64 call Chicago. I'm not perfect at alining also. But imperfect makes it realistic.

And you dont really have to follow the map exactly, I just wanted you to have an idea. The whole deisgn is yours to do with. Jumpy

Can't wait for the next update!
Back to top Go down
Noobasaurus
Clone Trooper Corporal
Clone Trooper Corporal
Noobasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 9 I_icon_minitime12/1/2011, 3:13 pm

Have you done anything with the lighting yet?
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 9 I_icon_minitime12/2/2011, 12:25 am

Noobasaurus wrote:
Have you done anything with the lighting yet?

Not quite yet, but I was thinking of giving the map a sort of aqua hue.
Back to top Go down
Bobfinkl
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Registration Date : 2010-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 9 I_icon_minitime12/2/2011, 4:06 am

Nice work on the map Revan. However, (I must say that word in every post I make...) I really dislike the ground texture and background mountains, I personally found a great substitute by using the Naboo (bf1) assets mountain background along with the ground textures from Naboo (bf1), with a minor hue change and increase in saturation (and occasionally) brightness.

Also another tip for everybody on all the maps to really convey the grass effect well. I found (actually inspired again, from the bf1 Naboo map), that using foliage (foliage tab in ZE of course) in the form small semi-transparent bright grass REALLY helps the immersion and realism of the setting, because in reality grass is 3 dimentional and not 2 dimentional it really makes a difference, atleast in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Noobasaurus
Clone Trooper Corporal
Clone Trooper Corporal
Noobasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 9 I_icon_minitime12/2/2011, 4:13 am

I agree with you completely on the grass effect. The grass foliage really makes maps stand out.
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 9 I_icon_minitime12/2/2011, 4:15 am

Bobfinkl wrote:
Nice work on the map Revan. However, (I must say that word in every post I make...) I really dislike the ground texture and background mountains, I personally found a great substitute by using the Naboo (bf1) assets mountain background along with the ground textures from Naboo (bf1), with a minor hue change and increase in saturation (and occasionally) brightness.

Also another tip for everybody on all the maps to really convey the grass effect well. I found (actually inspired again, from the bf1 Naboo map), that using foliage (foliage tab in ZE of course) in the form small semi-transparent bright grass REALLY helps the immersion and realism of the setting, because in reality grass is 3 dimentional and not 2 dimentional it really makes a difference, atleast in my opinion.

Well, the background was made by Icemember. I was just using what he considered standard for DD. The ground texture will change. It's definitely not final. As I said, very very rough and early in development. It'll look much better in its final rendition.
Back to top Go down
Bobfinkl
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Registration Date : 2010-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 9 I_icon_minitime12/2/2011, 4:54 am

That's true with the standard, but it's my opinion that the standard background should be different (my opinion, but I think everyone would agree with me the stock naboo hills give a better rolling hills effect than the retextured hoth mountains). And of course I know it's an early version, that's where constructive criticism is very useful.

If you guys would like I could show a few more pictures displaying how I did my grass terrain setup/background, and upload the textures for everyones use if you guys like them (although the changes are only subtle ones from the stock bf1 Naboo textures).
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 9 I_icon_minitime12/2/2011, 6:35 am

Yea, the BG i made was something quick and rough. I whip this one up tonight to match that of the Flak nest assault. Very easy and fast to make. I can whip up a tut for this also.

NEW BG
-----------------------------------
Designated Days Operations - Page 9 7elitesassault

Heres another I made in 7mins. So yea, we can simply make our own BGs with fast simply effort. Updated m 1-1 with its new BG. Ill have a tut up and running tomorrow. That why our maps look different from the stock BGs.

Update map 1-1 Farm area.
-------------------------------------------
Designated Days Operations - Page 9 Rathia1

Last edited by Icemember on 12/2/2011, 7:24 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding Info)
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 9 I_icon_minitime12/2/2011, 7:28 am

Now I would really love to have that BG, Ice, actually. It looks brilliant.

Also, Bob, yes, I do appreciate the criticism, I just wanted you to be aware that I had everything of which you said in mind. Smile Though the ending part of your post I had not considered for some odd reason, I will be sure to put that into effect. I hope I did not come across as defensive. I'll admit it did seem like that. I apologize. But yes, I would like a few more pictures explaining that. It could be useful and we always need more tutorials/hints. I seem to comprehend tutorials/hints posted here more than I can comprehend those at GT for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Designated Days Operations

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 21 ... 34  Next