SWBF CUSTOM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SWBF CUSTOM

The best way to custom your games.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Designated Days Operations

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Bobfinkl
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Registration Date : 2010-05-09

Designated Days Operations - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 10 I_icon_minitime12/3/2011, 2:09 am

Of course, and criticism is the #1 thing you can expect from me (even if you have it and I just can't see it :P ). And I'll admit the grass idea, I JUST came up with it I had never thought of it before either, nor was it my idea it was Pandemics idea.

And Icemember, they look good, however the 2nd (and the 1st one, albeit more noticable on the 2nd) one doesn't appear to map too well there are several points you can see where the texture repeats itself and they are easy to see. (just letting you know, I know it's a 7 minute rendition just giving you points to improve upon)
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Dark Trooper Phase 1 Class
Icemember

Registration Date : 2010-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 10 I_icon_minitime12/3/2011, 5:38 am

Yea indeed it does. I'll return to it later. As it shouldnt be that big of a deal. The fact is, its new and it does fit well. Nothing that color cant fix.

In the final versions, they will be adjust to match the colors of the foreground and some texturing to fix the repeated texturing. I'm just glad the method for custom BG's works well and fast. Which I have yet to write for the team. The progress I see. I must say I'm impressed with the team Designated Days Operations - Page 10 70210 . Cant wait till chapter 1 is in its beta stages for testing.

The Team will be testing all 6 maps before finalizing them for release to the public.

Again good job guys.
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 10 I_icon_minitime12/3/2011, 11:46 am

Hi, back again with a city BG. I just had to try it. I even impressed my self LOL. Thought this one wouldnt turn out. But it did. When textured to fit in rathia, will have majoy city bg. As you can see, some of the buildings are slanted, but only because they are mirrior oppsite to help fill in the rest of the city BG. A problem easly fixed.

I'll have the tut up and running today. I know i said it yesterday lol. I'll do a town BG too. Also an industrial for the Rathia chapter factory map.

City BG
------------------------------------------------
Designated Days Operations - Page 10 Citybg
Designated Days Operations - Page 10 Ci8tybg0

Last edited by Icemember on 12/3/2011, 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding Info)
Back to top Go down
SpartanA259
Clone Trooper PFC
Clone Trooper PFC
SpartanA259

Registration Date : 2011-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 10 I_icon_minitime12/3/2011, 10:57 pm

Hey guys ive come to post an update on the map.
I have changed the sky dome finally. I also made the sky dome rotate so it looks like the clouds are moving. The barricades are now moved around a little and I have added more barricades. I also have blocked off the left and right streets with debris and barricades and ended the main street. I will be adding artillery cannons and auto turrets. Tanks will be added a little later. On the streets I blocked off I put shell craters with smoke coming out of them which IMO looks pretty cool. The map is starting to finally look like a war zone. One question could I please use those tank traps that were used on all battle crysis?
Ok with that all over with here are some screen shots hope you guys like.
Designated Days Operations - Page 10 Birdseye1
Designated Days Operations - Page 10 Blockedstreet
Designated Days Operations - Page 10 Burningcar
Designated Days Operations - Page 10 Frontgate
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 10 I_icon_minitime12/3/2011, 11:27 pm

Looking much better with each update. Sure ya can use those props. Ill send em right over via pm.
Back to top Go down
Noobasaurus
Clone Trooper Corporal
Clone Trooper Corporal
Noobasaurus

Registration Date : 2011-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 10 I_icon_minitime12/4/2011, 3:40 pm

That's awesome! Are you going to do anything with the lighting/shadows?
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

Registration Date : 2010-08-21
Location : The good 'ol United States of America, Iowa Great Lakes region

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 10 I_icon_minitime12/4/2011, 8:15 pm

That looks like it'll be an extremely intense battle! Great job, Spartan!

PS - I would put my question in the request topic, but Ice, could you forward me that mountain BG you're using for that farm area? I just wanna replace the one I'm using at the moment. Maybe dull the color a tiny bit, since it's raining in my map.

Edit - scratch that. I'll make my own. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.loadedandplay.com
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 10 I_icon_minitime12/6/2011, 8:59 am

Whoa! Lost internet for a day or 2. But back.

Anyways while I was gone, did some working on the maps and scripts. Still having trouble getting an objective to work where you reach the flak nest and destroy the flaks and win. But I did manage to get the bleed count to stop when capturing CP's. But it will still drain 1 point when you kill the enemy or you die. So if you have reinforcements starting at 500, you will need to kill 500 AI. Or they kill your team 500 times. This seems more realistic and does mak the battles last a good rate. Not to long or 2 fast. Some logic lol.

Anyways updates, The turrets will fire at you upon 1st site. So use that cover. They can see you from the top. So becareful. They do rifle damage I have set in DD. I'm having fun on this map LOL!! Also made some custom health and ammo creats to heal you when you get to those areas.

Updates
------------------------------------------------------
Designated Days Operations - Page 10 Mgbunker
Designated Days Operations - Page 10 Mgother
Designated Days Operations - Page 10 Flak88
Designated Days Operations - Page 10 Healthv

Last edited by Icemember on 12/6/2011, 10:44 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Corrections)
Back to top Go down
SpartanA259
Clone Trooper PFC
Clone Trooper PFC
SpartanA259

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 10 I_icon_minitime12/6/2011, 3:37 pm

Wow the background really fits in with the map. That map looks like it will be a lot of fun great job.
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 10 I_icon_minitime12/6/2011, 6:45 pm

It reminds me of the Battle of Ryloth from TCW. Where the Republic has to get past the CIS bunkers. This looks like it'll be fun.
Back to top Go down
SpartanA259
Clone Trooper PFC
Clone Trooper PFC
SpartanA259

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 10 I_icon_minitime12/7/2011, 6:20 am

Designated Days Operations - Page 10 Swbf220111207001410
This is the hospital for militia troops. Would reskinned dead rebel props be ok to put on the cots to look like wounded militia soldiers?
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 10 I_icon_minitime12/7/2011, 6:23 am

Holy sweet sauce! Awesome placement too. For heavy fighting in the city, it would definitely make sense to have a field hospital. Definitely adds to the realism. When this map is finalized, will it have a heal radius?
Back to top Go down
SpartanA259
Clone Trooper PFC
Clone Trooper PFC
SpartanA259

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 10 I_icon_minitime12/7/2011, 6:27 am

Thank you. Hmm a heal radius not a bad idea ill see if I can get one working.
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 10 I_icon_minitime12/7/2011, 11:04 am

It is very simple to get a healing station going or a ammo recharge area. Just go to your C:\BF2_ModTools\data_???\Common\odfs
and use the com_item_healthrecharge.odf for health and com_item_weaponrecharge.odf for ammo. There are others there too.
Back to top Go down
SpartanA259
Clone Trooper PFC
Clone Trooper PFC
SpartanA259

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 10 I_icon_minitime12/7/2011, 7:32 pm

Those would be the health and ammo droids right? Ive set up the region and it works perfectly. Now you can go to the field hospital and get healed.
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 10 I_icon_minitime12/8/2011, 12:38 am

You can use any models to get the station healing or ammo refills. Heck, you can even use one of the
sky skysrapers lol.

But anyways, Ugh! Thus the Militia 20mm Flakshot. She fires from all 4 barrels, 1 at a time. And shes
deadly. Ah, I wanted to make this for a very long time. I even got the 1st person zoom perfect as just
last night I learned few new things about the camera position. Now I can go back and fix the FPZ's on
all the vehicles and turrets lol. Anyways here she is.

A militia gunner admiring its new weapon of destruction.

Militia 20mm Flakshot
--------------------------------------------------
Designated Days Operations - Page 10 Flak20mm
Designated Days Operations - Page 10 Flak20mmdes

NOTE: there will be a version with its shield panels. This version is a test and will fit in many vehicles. Great

Last edited by Icemember on 12/8/2011, 2:55 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Add info)
Back to top Go down
Noobasaurus
Clone Trooper Corporal
Clone Trooper Corporal
Noobasaurus

Registration Date : 2011-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 10 I_icon_minitime12/8/2011, 5:22 am

Impressive! Need any effects? geek
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 10 I_icon_minitime12/8/2011, 11:21 am

yea, a big muzzle flash for the 20mm flak. Like that seen in call of duty or brother in arms.

Example
------------------------------
Designated Days Operations - Page 10 Flashg
Back to top Go down
Lephenix
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Lephenix

Registration Date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 10 I_icon_minitime12/9/2011, 2:28 pm

Sweet. If only you're props's textures was like your troopers's skins, it woud be awesome 8) .
Back to top Go down
http://lephenixbeginnings.blogspot.fr/
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 10 I_icon_minitime12/9/2011, 8:48 pm

Awesome! When the sides get setup, I expect these to be on the locals side. Mix of Rebel Pilot and Imperial Officer model?
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 10 I_icon_minitime12/10/2011, 2:57 am

Yup, a mix of both tohse models. This looks to be a favorite of mine LOL!!
Back to top Go down
SpartanA259
Clone Trooper PFC
Clone Trooper PFC
SpartanA259

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 10 I_icon_minitime12/10/2011, 3:14 pm

That looks awesome.
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 10 I_icon_minitime12/12/2011, 2:13 am

Thx guys, Heres the shield version of the militia 20mm flakshot.

Militia_20mm_flakshot_S
-------------------------------------------
Designated Days Operations - Page 10 Flak88
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 10 I_icon_minitime12/12/2011, 5:31 am

Looks very nice. I always loved the shielded versions of the German weapons of WWII. This is definitely looking awesome.
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 10 I_icon_minitime12/12/2011, 7:21 am

Whoa! I had a breakthrough tonight with the 20mm flak. Finally got it to do what I wanted. Fire into the sky at an invisible target LOL!!. I made them fire at different rates. Looks really aweosme. Like Band of brothers. Dang im glad I didnt give up on this LOL!! Anyways heres a pic.

20mm Flak fire
-----------------------------------------------------
Designated Days Operations - Page 10 20mmflak
Designated Days Operations - Page 10 20mmflak0

Last edited by Icemember on 12/12/2011, 7:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add info)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Designated Days Operations

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22 ... 34  Next