SWBF CUSTOM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SWBF CUSTOM

The best way to custom your games.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Designated Days Operations

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 21 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Icemember
Dark Trooper Phase 1 Class
Icemember

Registration Date : 2010-07-29

Designated Days Operations - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 8 I_icon_minitime11/28/2011, 6:52 am

Well done guys. Results are looking really good. Like what im seeing.

I will post some updates very soon.

The Gustav will most likely be a objective prop. The size we can decrease to fit good on the map. Also I dont think I will make it manable.
Back to top Go down
SpartanA259
Clone Trooper PFC
Clone Trooper PFC
SpartanA259

Registration Date : 2011-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 8 I_icon_minitime11/28/2011, 7:21 am

@Bobfinkl Yes Sir here are a few pics of the street. Your map is looking really cool too.
Designated Days Operations - Page 8 Town4
Designated Days Operations - Page 8 Town5
Designated Days Operations - Page 8 Town4
Im going to be changing the sky and adding turrets and artillery very soon. Are tanks going to be part of the assault on my town map? I just need to know because right now there isnt enough room for tanks like AT-TEs and IFTXs just AT-RTs and infantry.

Last edited by SpartanA259 on 11/28/2011, 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

Registration Date : 2010-08-21
Location : The good 'ol United States of America, Iowa Great Lakes region

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 8 I_icon_minitime11/28/2011, 8:17 am

SpartanA259 wrote:
@Bobfinkl Yes Sir here are a few pics of the street. Your map is looking really cool too.

Im going to be changing the sky and adding turrets and artiller very soon. Are tanks going to be part of the assault on my town map? I just need to know because right now there isnt enough room for tanks like AT-TEs and IFTXs just AT-RTs and infantry.

I suggest not making those barriers so perpendicular. I'd make a few of them slanted. It'd probably make it more natural, like the city's defense was in a rush to get defenses up against the Republic attack. As for tanks, I am not sure. I believe Icemember did make a few smaller support vehicles - eg, the smaller Sherman-style tanks. And I'm sure maybe a few APC's if they're small enough. For an attack on a city, though, I think the Republic would put in quite a bit of effort to take it, because it seems like a position the Republic would want to take and hold to make a main base of operations, so tanks would most likely be used in the assault. I also think a few turrets in some places would make a nice natural defense for the city as well. But Ice would have to give his opinion on that.

Work's looking fabulous guys. I don't know when I'll be presenting my major share of the project as I am still working on and off on it (thinking of what would work best in terms of layout and object placement).
Back to top Go down
http://www.loadedandplay.com
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 8 I_icon_minitime11/28/2011, 7:17 pm

Yes, the city or town assault will need few armor units in the assault. Take a look around of which vehicles you need
and I can whip them up. Thought they will not be exactly the same as the ref you choose. But will almost look like it.
Back to top Go down
Noobasaurus
Clone Trooper Corporal
Clone Trooper Corporal
Noobasaurus

Registration Date : 2011-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 8 I_icon_minitime11/28/2011, 11:33 pm

Do you want me to start making some effects? I feel useless with everyone posting screens of maps...
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 8 I_icon_minitime11/29/2011, 12:29 am

Yes plz do so. Make things like flak explosions in the sky. Smoke rising from the ground. And laser tracers firing into the sky if ya can. All sizes for the flak explosions and smoke. And post some screenshots 8)
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 8 I_icon_minitime11/29/2011, 2:34 am

Icemember wrote:
Yes plz do so. Make things like flak explosions in the sky. Smoke rising from the ground. And laser tracers firing into the sky if ya can. All sizes for the flak explosions and smoke. And post some screenshots 8)

Yup. It'd give us the feeling that we are all part of a massive war.
Back to top Go down
Noobasaurus
Clone Trooper Corporal
Clone Trooper Corporal
Noobasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 8 I_icon_minitime11/29/2011, 5:22 am

Alright, I'll see what I can do. Expect something soon! 8)
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 8 I_icon_minitime11/29/2011, 5:31 am

Heres a ther other version of the ppsh. DC-41v2 is the name i gave it. So troopers will iuse either version.
This version will fire less rounds then the pod clip. Also have faster reloading. For polygon and ingame viewing sakes, I didnt make the clip as round.

DC41v2
----------------------------------------------
Designated Days Operations - Page 8 Dc41v2

Last edited by Icemember on 11/29/2011, 5:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding Info)
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 8 I_icon_minitime11/29/2011, 6:14 am

Clip. Hmm, don't you mean magazine? Sorry. Technicality of differences kicking in. But it looks nice. Time to storm the trenches and eliminate the fascist invaders! Woops, a bit of Russian came out there.

For instance, the M1 Garand has an internal magazine, for which you feed a clip into. Whereas the M4A1 or the MP-40 or the AK-47, you use magazines. Of course, you load magazines first, but you know what I mean. There's a whole video on this if you'd like a link.
Back to top Go down
THEWULFMAN
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
THEWULFMAN

Registration Date : 2011-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 8 I_icon_minitime11/29/2011, 6:35 am

RevanSithLord wrote:
Clip. Hmm, don't you mean magazine? Sorry. Technicality of differences kicking in. But it looks nice. Time to storm the trenches and eliminate the fascist invaders! Woops, a bit of Russian came out there.

For instance, the M1 Garand has an internal magazine, for which you feed a clip into. Whereas the M4A1 or the MP-40 or the AK-47, you use magazines. Of course, you load magazines first, but you know what I mean. There's a whole video on this if you'd like a link.

LOL That wouldn't happen to be the same video I posted on GT awhile back would it? CLICKY
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 8 I_icon_minitime11/29/2011, 7:27 am

THEWULFMAN wrote:
RevanSithLord wrote:

LOL That wouldn't happen to be the same video I posted on GT awhile back would it? CLICKY

Yes, that is the same video to which I was referring. Laughing I technically knew the difference before, however the way it was explained in that video is a much more straight forward and easy way to remember the differences between the two terms. I would go on a rant, but that is best served in another thread. And we tend to be going slightly off-topic (my bad).

I do have to say that I'd like to go into a trench and spray down militia with this new weapon, Icemember.
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 8 I_icon_minitime11/29/2011, 9:30 am

Interesting lol. Never really paid attention to these things lol. But video made things clear. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 8 I_icon_minitime11/29/2011, 10:31 am

Heres the m16 I did last night. It will fire to that nearly of a DC-15A. Thought ammo has been cut down from 50 to 30. And range has been decrease. But is automatic. And also fires straight as the DC15A.

DC-16RAR (Republic Assault Rifle)
--------------------------------------------
Designated Days Operations - Page 8 M16ut
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 8 I_icon_minitime11/29/2011, 11:52 am

Wow, you definitely tend to make RL counterparts look like they fit SW lore. Great work! The M16 series is good, but I myself have always been a bigger fan of the AK-47 line, but this is Star Wars we're talking about here, so I think the DC-16RAR will make a nice weapon in the arsenal regardless. 8)
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 8 I_icon_minitime11/29/2011, 12:14 pm

Indeed the AK series is part of the plans.

I did go back and fix the mp44 for the militia. Something was bugging me about the 1st version. Then as I paid closer attension. Things were off abit. But now this version I feel better with.

MS-44 (Militia Shot)
-----------------------------
Designated Days Operations - Page 8 Mp44j

Also fixed the mp40.

MS-40
--------------------------------
Designated Days Operations - Page 8 Mp40w

Last edited by Icemember on 11/29/2011, 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding Info)
Back to top Go down
SpartanA259
Clone Trooper PFC
Clone Trooper PFC
SpartanA259

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 8 I_icon_minitime11/29/2011, 3:46 pm

Sweet World War 2 based weapons.
Back to top Go down
Noobasaurus
Clone Trooper Corporal
Clone Trooper Corporal
Noobasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 8 I_icon_minitime11/29/2011, 4:34 pm

SpartanA259 wrote:
Sweet World War 2 based weapons.
Indeed.

Later today I'll have up a video with some effects.
Back to top Go down
Bobfinkl
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Registration Date : 2010-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 8 I_icon_minitime11/29/2011, 10:38 pm

Excellent job creating the weapons. However, I think you've lost the star wars touch to it in favor of accuracy to the real deal, just my thoughts on it. Although the real problem that isn't opinion based is the textures you have on the MP 44 and MP 40 clash, you are using 2 different art themes in random places and they don't work together.
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 8 I_icon_minitime11/29/2011, 11:58 pm

Yes, that was to make sure the uv and textures are straight. How ever, I dont really know how to texture the militia weapons yet. It is the reason for there rough 10 sec skins LOL. Rest asured, they will soon look like they are fresh from the rathia factories.

Anyways, heres the fg42 converted to the DC-42AR. The story behind this weapon is that pf the luffwaff story lol. The republic airborne divisions designed a weapon that would fit there needs on airborne jumps and ready it for fast combat. Thought airborne troops still jump with the DC-15a and other types of weapons.

DC-42AR (Airborne Rifle)
------------------------------------------
Designated Days Operations - Page 8 Fg42g
Back to top Go down
SpartanA259
Clone Trooper PFC
Clone Trooper PFC
SpartanA259

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 8 I_icon_minitime11/30/2011, 2:16 am

Thats awesome im going to love to see how that is ingame. Im just curious but could I use some of those WWII weapons for a map im working on? I dont know if this is a weapon or a vehicle but could I have a Flak 88 Anti Aircraft gun?
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 8 I_icon_minitime11/30/2011, 2:27 am

Is this mod DD related? These models are for DD only. And any furthur unrelated DD request can be posted here: https://swbf-custom.forumactif.com/t3p20-your-requests
Back to top Go down
Bobfinkl
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Registration Date : 2010-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 8 I_icon_minitime11/30/2011, 4:30 am

Ah I was wondering, because those textures weren't quite on par with your other excellent work I was beggining to wonder what had happened Wink .
Back to top Go down
Noobasaurus
Clone Trooper Corporal
Clone Trooper Corporal
Noobasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 8 I_icon_minitime11/30/2011, 4:57 am

I've tried to upload my effects video showing one effect I made this morning but I've tried 4 times; two times it didn't upload, and the other two it didn't "convert successfully." This is ridiculous. Boom
Back to top Go down
SpartanA259
Clone Trooper PFC
Clone Trooper PFC
SpartanA259

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 8 I_icon_minitime11/30/2011, 5:07 am

@Icemember Well its really wasnt but if you would like I can add it into DD. The map is based of the Iwo Jima invasion from WWII. The Republic are the Marines and some other none-clone troops are supposed to be the islands defenders.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Designated Days Operations

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 21 ... 34  Next