SWBF CUSTOM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SWBF CUSTOM

The best way to custom your games.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Designated Days Operations

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 20 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Lephenix
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Lephenix

Registration Date : 2010-05-05

Designated Days Operations - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 7 I_icon_minitime11/19/2011, 5:05 pm

Great, but change that stock sky, it is't really nice, good job guys 8) .
Back to top Go down
http://lephenixbeginnings.blogspot.fr/
SpartanA259
Clone Trooper PFC
Clone Trooper PFC
SpartanA259

Registration Date : 2011-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 7 I_icon_minitime11/19/2011, 8:24 pm

Thanks. What sky dome should I use?
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Dark Trooper Phase 1 Class
Icemember

Registration Date : 2010-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 7 I_icon_minitime11/19/2011, 11:25 pm

Use the same sky dome if you wish. Just change the sky texture. Best to make your own.

Heres my very own rathia sky I made for a daytime map. Simply just copy and paste over your sky.

Cloudy Day Rathia sky
-----------------------------------------------
Designated Days Operations - Page 7 Rathiaskycopy

Last edited by Icemember on 11/20/2011, 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding Info)
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 7 I_icon_minitime11/20/2011, 1:00 am

Heres an update. This is the 7th Elites attacking a flak nest after they landing at Mame Beach. This would be there 1st mission. This map is called D20 Chapter: Flak Nest. Boun to change thought when further progression comes whith chapter 2's main beach landings.

Screenie
-------------------------------------------------
Designated Days Operations - Page 7 7thelitesflaknest
Back to top Go down
Lephenix
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Lephenix

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 7 I_icon_minitime11/20/2011, 10:42 am

Nice sky Ice 8) .
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

Registration Date : 2010-08-21
Location : The good 'ol United States of America, Iowa Great Lakes region

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 7 I_icon_minitime11/20/2011, 8:40 pm

Awesome work, Ice!
Back to top Go down
http://www.loadedandplay.com
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 7 I_icon_minitime11/22/2011, 2:30 am

Heres a DC varaint based off the M60E. Added the underscope looking thing to give that SW touch. Theres also a varaint with the M60 supports down.

DC-60IB
---------------------------------------
Designated Days Operations - Page 7 M60n

Last edited by Icemember on 11/22/2011, 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrections)
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 7 I_icon_minitime11/22/2011, 3:29 am

That looks awesome! What's the blaster bolt spread of it by default?
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 7 I_icon_minitime11/22/2011, 3:50 am

I increased the spread of it. Fire rate has been increased. So it fires different from the standard clone rifle. Damage was not changed thought. I baged 41 kills before I was over runned by the tusken army. I made this map to try and practice with objectives. Been reading over at GT, but doesnt cover much.

Tusken Raiders
--------------------------------------------
Designated Days Operations - Page 7 Tuskenraiders
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 7 I_icon_minitime11/22/2011, 4:05 am

Awesome Tuskens you have there. More targets for me to mow down later? 8) Anyways, I was thinking of, instead of using the normal DDay sky, I will use the Kashyyyk sky, and then I will make it start raining. That way you feel like you're not playing the first map AND that the clones are actually a bit further inland...maybe make it as though time actually passed a little bit. Maybe by hours or at the most, a day or a week. Since Ajax did bring up the good point of us not wanting it to feel too repetitive, I was just thinking of making the maps differentiate regarding the weather. At least on the first two farm facilities.
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 7 I_icon_minitime11/22/2011, 5:08 am

Well these maps are not all happening on the 1st hour LOL!! Laughing . So feel free to make a certain time and other sky. My map mainly happens 10am morning time, a few hour battle.

I practiced on maping. I made 5 dummy maps in 5 days to get a routine going and played with different planning for the AI. Also test new ideas and so. Did a night sky, evening sky, cloudy skys, clear sky, and fancy sky. Played with the lighting on all 5 maps. Now I'm going to atempt objectives so its not straight conquest play on this series lol.

I recommend you do the same. So you feel your not making the same map over again. And game play changes not all, but enough to feel different from the other map.

1 Thing for sure as Bob mentioned few post back, there should always be cover for the player. Dont really matter for AI I find thought. The wider the path for the player, the more cover there should be.

Heres 1 of my dummy maps. Nothign special.

Era: Designated Days War Timeline

Story
----------------------------------
Tatooine Outskirts 1. Modified cloning technology that clones people in 1 month built behind a tusken camp. The tusken raiders guarding it for the Idealist. They used a Hk series droid to speak tusken. In reutrn, the tusken gets his own tusken army from this.

A Republic 39th Rangers company is out on a patrol in the vast desert only to discover this well hidden secret.

Section 1 Tucken camp
----------------------------------------
Designated Days Operations - Page 7 Section1w

Section 2 Clone Technology Base
-----------------------------------------
Designated Days Operations - Page 7 Section2

Section 3 Stolen Cloning Technology and Host DNA Area
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Designated Days Operations - Page 7 Section3

This is the map I will be adding objectives. Once I suceed, I will write a little tut on how to LOL!
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 7 I_icon_minitime11/22/2011, 5:40 am

True. True. And don't worry. Will add cover.
Back to top Go down
Bobfinkl
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Registration Date : 2010-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 7 I_icon_minitime11/22/2011, 6:49 pm

Hey guys, sorry I disappeared on you for a little while there. My computer's motherboard gave out and I haven't been able to turn it on for who knows how long. I currently am away from the computer now, but I have a new motherboard on the way so when I return I SHOULD be back up and running again. No worries about the map, it just affected the motherboard, everything else is perfectly intact.

And to comment on what I have seen earlier, I really like that one map I saw with the trench, and the sky it really looks good seems like a proper assault map.

However, for the ground textures given, I really don't think those are good enough they are really dull and seem less like a blueish grass more like grey or something. I suggest just simply saturating them adding brightness and contrast (and upping the green color in it a bit more).

And that one tatooine map, I find it rather hard to beleive when looking at it it's all too uniform and civilized for a tusken camp. I suggest getting the tusken tents from the bf1 assets and placing them all over, along with making tons of height variations and getting rid of the stone texture in favor of different (geonosis recolored or other tatooine) ground textures. Also it could use more little props here and there such as fires, cloths, etc.
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 7 I_icon_minitime11/22/2011, 10:11 pm

Sorry to hear about your PC. But good to hear from ya.

Yea the Tat map is really only a test map for testing objectives and all. No biggy really. So I'm bound to crash and delete this map soon. It is why nothing special really went into this one.

As for the color of the grass. I kind of like it the way it is. Was going for that Band of brothers feel LOL! But prehaps I can add some more color to em to being some life into it. I will be sending 2 maps your way when your back up and running for some touch ups Bob. Feel free to do to the maps what ya feel when ya have em Smile .

Were slowly getting there. Good job guys.
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 7 I_icon_minitime11/23/2011, 9:27 am

I'll try posting in-game shots of my work soon, I just want to polish some things up for the showcase first. Don't know when I'll post the shots, but it's slowly getting worked on. Embarassed

Moving on...imagine seeing something like this coming at you:
Designated Days Operations - Page 7 GDIMammoth2

The picture maybe small, however the tank is actually rather large.

Designated Days Operations - Page 7 Untitled

The head of a person comes up to about the top of the tank's treads. It's called a Mammoth for a reason. I figure that if a repulsor style tank of this can give the same intimidating 'I'm so going to die' feeling, then why not include it down the line? If I get into kitbashing a bit more, I'll see if I can't try it myself, but I think it would be rather cool to see in-game, and would definitely be a challenge to fight against in a battle (but someone who takes control over one will feel the power of it. However, the drawbacks are it being slow and not having pure 'anti-infantry' weaponry). An addon for Operation Flashpoint added in this Command and Conquer classic behemoth and I've seen it tear through many armor columns...and it was just one tank. Think of it like the Tiger or King Tiger versus a bunch of Shermans. Same thing, but a more modern day. I figure if there were a TX type tank of a similar build, the enemies would run and hide, or they'll find the weaknesses and exploit them. OR the Militia can have a tank like this. Their vehicles seem very bulky anyways and the Republic wouldn't be there if the Militia weren't already a threat to the galaxy, right?

Designated Days Operations - Page 7 513px-MammothBlueprint

The CNC wiki list the Mammoth MK1 as having 2 120mm cannons. While that seems realistic in terms of cannon size, these things look a tad more large in nature. The custom addon for OFP lists the main cannons as 190mm. Given the size of the tank alone, I'd say this fits the bill a bit more.

The 20mm TUSK missile pods come in a pair with 6 tubes per. While it's devastating at armored vehicles, in CNC Renegade, they tend to be effective against infantry as well...implying that you can set the missiles to explode at a certain distance away from the tank. There have been many different sources to the Mammoth tank over the years...so I say go with what you think is best. I think this style tank would be a nice homage to CNC, but also make sure we have the tank at least somewhat original of ours. I just thought the Mammoth tank was a really cool design.

Also, will the militia be using hit and run tactics? If so, then I'd move the Mammoth style tank to the Republic and give the militia this:
Designated Days Operations - Page 7 StealthTank1995

I think it'd be the perfect hit and run weapon against Republic armored vehicles. I realize there has always been stealth technology in Star Wars, but have forces been known to give a whole line of specific rocket throwing tanks the ability to cloak? Wait, is that even possible in BF2? Cloaking a vehicle? If not, it was a good thought.

As I said, if I get kitbashing down to a science...or modeling in general...I will try my hand at these. As you said, we don't want to get ahead of ourselves, but I wanted to throw down possible vehicle ideas down for future reference.
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 7 I_icon_minitime11/23/2011, 11:19 am

Ummm......coooool Smile

Here my near future plans cyclops This is the GUSTAV. Bigger then the Dora. Only fire 2 shots during ww2.
Allied troops capture this monster and tore it apart for resources.

But yea, DD will have these monsters ingame fully operational Exclamation Commander, we can also create that tank too. They look cool.

GUSTAV
---------------------------------
Designated Days Operations - Page 7 GustavGun2

Last edited by Icemember on 11/23/2011, 11:42 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Adjusting Info)
Back to top Go down
Lephenix
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Lephenix

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 7 I_icon_minitime11/23/2011, 11:36 am

The pic isn't showing up.
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 7 I_icon_minitime11/23/2011, 11:39 am

Ahah, Fixed
Back to top Go down
Lephenix
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Lephenix

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 7 I_icon_minitime11/23/2011, 11:39 am

That's huge Shocked .
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 7 I_icon_minitime11/23/2011, 11:51 am

Lephenix wrote:
That's huge Shocked .

It's almost scary what humans can create...just to destroy...but it's also an amazing feat for humanity to create things that are....huge.
Back to top Go down
Bobfinkl
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 7 I_icon_minitime11/24/2011, 8:37 pm

Those look rather incredible and destructive. However I don't know how you plan on incorporating them into the game. The GUSTAV looks to be about 50% the size of the beachhead map I made, and maybe you could fit it, but then you have an eyesore on the map if you enter it where would the viewpoints be? And lastly, the range on that thing would have to be cut down to under it's own size, because what targets would it be firing at that are within its real range limit?

Just my two cents on the monster vehicles subject.

And some news on my computer, I replaced the motherboard, it is currently up and running with many (expected and non-critical) issues due to a corrupt install of XP on my old hard drive. However the real problem is I've now lost track of my BF2 CD, I had it in the CD drive of my computer and had moved it over to my replacement hard drive (in a different computer) to install onto the new hard drive, but since then I haven't seen it. I am going to see what I can do to get a new copy of the cd, because I surely can't return it to the store (I bought it the day it was released November 2005), and I don't believe they sell new copies anymore.

Rest assured I will acquire a copy of the CD (CD 1 actually, I still have the other 3 install CDs safely within their case), hopefully soon.
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 7 I_icon_minitime11/25/2011, 5:47 am

Bobfinkl wrote:
Those look rather incredible and destructive. However I don't know how you plan on incorporating them into the game. The GUSTAV looks to be about 50% the size of the beachhead map I made, and maybe you could fit it, but then you have an eyesore on the map if you enter it where would the viewpoints be? And lastly, the range on that thing would have to be cut down to under it's own size, because what targets would it be firing at that are within its real range limit?

Just my two cents on the monster vehicles subject.

And some news on my computer, I replaced the motherboard, it is currently up and running with many (expected and non-critical) issues due to a corrupt install of XP on my old hard drive. However the real problem is I've now lost track of my BF2 CD, I had it in the CD drive of my computer and had moved it over to my replacement hard drive (in a different computer) to install onto the new hard drive, but since then I haven't seen it. I am going to see what I can do to get a new copy of the cd, because I surely can't return it to the store (I bought it the day it was released November 2005), and I don't believe they sell new copies anymore.

Rest assured I will acquire a copy of the CD (CD 1 actually, I still have the other 3 install CDs safely within their case), hopefully soon.

I think it'd probably be incorporated in the game either as an objective object (if all else fails) or it can be integrated as a large turret (which I'm sure is what you're implying, and I agree), or both if it's during a possible campaign. The distance that thing would fire would be massive. As in real life, the GUSTAV can fire 800mm shells up to 23 mi, so as you said, we'd have to cut drastically down on the range down to just under its own size, maybe even more. HE rounds from that massive thing had 700KG explosive mass! I would not want to be a clone trooper in the splash radius of that. Thus probably why the Republic would want to destroy the SW equivalent of the GUSTAV.

I'd say if this were implemented...obviously give it SW loadouts such as a Heavy Turbolaser for ground bombardment, Ion Shells for enemy vehicles and starships, and perhaps a superlaser-style munition for enemy starships. That is why this weapon would be a prime target for the Republic and they must take it out before it can wreak havoc on Republic ships, beachheads, and supply bases.

That's assuming we give it to the militia side.

And it would be rather large, so I guess we can make it a bit larger than a Juggernaut.

Back to top Go down
SpartanA259
Clone Trooper PFC
Clone Trooper PFC
SpartanA259

Registration Date : 2011-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 7 I_icon_minitime11/25/2011, 7:24 am

That is one big gun. Here is a video of what the map is starting to look like enjoy. http://www.xfire.com/video/50a32f/
Comments,question,concerns?
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 7 I_icon_minitime11/25/2011, 8:22 am

Reminds me of a mix between Muunilinst and Corellia. When you get to placing more props, I'd add in a few guns (Anti-Aircraft and Anti-Armor) and some infantry defense walls. To show that the enemy dug in and are expecting an attack (unless Ice wants the city caught of guard, but considering two maps before this involve wiping out two guarded farm facilities, I'd say they would've heard about that assault). I imagine the city is going to be one of the most action packed maps in this series near the start. The first two with the farm facilities seem more like they are getting the players' feet wet...later on the players will go to the deep end of the pool. Laughing But yeah, I like what you got so far, A259. I do suggest changing the sky pretty quick though at the very least. :P
Back to top Go down
Bobfinkl
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 7 I_icon_minitime11/28/2011, 1:18 am

SpartanA, is there any way you could just get plain pictures? Or upload it to youtube? My computer has issues with watching Xfire videos, has for I don't even remember how long now.

So an update on the map, I've gotten my computer 90% running (still issues to do with the video card and a corrupt install of XP, in fact my computer blue screened me earlier as I was trying to post this same message, I had to restart it and rewrite all of this), and I have a couple screenshots to show:

Designated Days Operations - Page 7 119687022-4
Designated Days Operations - Page 7 119687019-4

Now as you may notice, the map is far from complete. I have the terrain done and I have the entrance to the city, I'm working on the path to the city now, then the city itself. This map will have the same progression of assault as my previous map, from outside the city moving in with defenses abound (what you mainly see in the pictures).

Expect more updates soon as I am finally able to completely work on this without any issues.

Last edited by Bobfinkl on 12/2/2011, 4:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Designated Days Operations

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 20 ... 34  Next