SWBF CUSTOM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SWBF CUSTOM

The best way to custom your games.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Designated Days Operations

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 23 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Icemember
Dark Trooper Phase 1 Class
Icemember

Registration Date : 2010-07-29

Designated Days Operations - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 13 I_icon_minitime12/25/2011, 9:50 am

Got my foliage up and going. So heres how it looks. USed the kasjyyyk foli. Also built a ww2 rader looking prop.

Shots
---------------------------------------------------------
Designated Days Operations - Page 13 Foliaget
Designated Days Operations - Page 13 Radaru
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

Registration Date : 2010-08-21
Location : The good 'ol United States of America, Iowa Great Lakes region

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 13 I_icon_minitime12/25/2011, 10:31 am

Nice work, commander!
Back to top Go down
http://www.loadedandplay.com
THEWULFMAN
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
THEWULFMAN

Registration Date : 2011-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 13 I_icon_minitime12/25/2011, 2:12 pm

It looks really nice! I know you probably have to play on low settings so I won't complain about the lack of lighting. However, please change the ground texture. If you want I can get you new ground textures. The default grass ground texture is 256x256. that's just plain sad for a ground textures. I prefer my ground textures to be 1024x1024, but even 512x512 is a massive improvement.

Just give me a shout and I'll hook you up with any high quality ground texture you guys need. I'd be more than happy to help, you'd be doing me a favor. Wink
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 13 I_icon_minitime12/25/2011, 3:29 pm

THEWULFMAN wrote:
It looks really nice! I know you probably have to play on low settings so I won't complain about the lack of lighting. However, please change the ground texture. If you want I can get you new ground textures. The default grass ground texture is 256x256. that's just plain sad for a ground textures. I prefer my ground textures to be 1024x1024, but even 512x512 is a massive improvement.

Just give me a shout and I'll hook you up with any high quality ground texture you guys need. I'd be more than happy to help, you'd be doing me a favor. Wink

That would be lovely. The Naboo grass only goes so far.
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 13 I_icon_minitime12/25/2011, 5:34 pm

Yea, my 3.2 PC had a bad break. So I had to swtich to the 2.2 PC. Which runs ok. So to help performence, I dont use the shadows. But for lighting, I did add some lighting. But dont look like much LOL!! Sure! hook us up and some ground textures. That will be awsome. Never really thought about that lol.

Last edited by Icemember on 12/25/2011, 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adjusting info)
Back to top Go down
THEWULFMAN
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
THEWULFMAN

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 13 I_icon_minitime12/25/2011, 8:03 pm

Alright then, so I'll periodically be sending you* PMs. I'm a total jerk so I don't want them on free release just yet.

I'll need to know which maps use what textures, so I can get better ones while keeping the theme. I'll be sending you a new grass texture today. I hope you don't mind, but I'm giving you 1024x1024 textures. You can scale them down if you want, but only if it's causing you too much performance issues. Remember that you can change the tile range on a terrain texture in ZE. It changes how much a texture is tiled. Let me know if you need that explained further.

I'm sorry for putting so many rules and restrictions on my help. I just want it to look the best, so I may be a total penguin to deal with at times.

*Icemember, but RSL is free to use them, actually anyone in the project is allowed to use them for this project.
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 13 I_icon_minitime12/25/2011, 9:21 pm

*thumbs up* Gotcha, Wulf. Glad you're able to help! Smile Merry Christmas, buddy.
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 13 I_icon_minitime12/25/2011, 10:00 pm

No problem at all Wulfman. Your help is greatly appreciated. I dont mined the 1024 textures. Indeed the texture tiles can be adjusted in ZE.

Think im going to break few days of mapping and get the DDay troops on the move.

Still got few more infantry varients to do.

Infatry - 70%
Infantry Ph1 - 5%
Airborne 2%
Armor Infantry - 5%
Recon - 70%
Scout / pathfinder - 10%
Marine - 0%
ARF - 0%

Militia - Revamping them to normal looking civs. Like the trader, workerm police shown earlier.

Armor looking troops can be rathia's Gobal army of some sort of faction. They then co-side with the militia to form a new faction against the Republic and CIS. Would explain the militia having tanks later on furthur down the road.

Last edited by Icemember on 12/25/2011, 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adjusting info)
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 13 I_icon_minitime12/25/2011, 11:10 pm

Icemember wrote:
No problem at all Wulfman. Your help is greatly appreciated. I dont mined the 1024 textures. Indeed the texture tiles can be adjusted in ZE.

Think im going to break few days of mapping and get the DDay troops on the move.

Still got few more infantry varients to do.

Infatry - 70%
Infantry Ph1 - 5%
Airborne 2%
Armor Infantry - 5%
Recon - 70%
Scout / pathfinder - 10%
Marine - 0%
ARF - 0%

Militia - Revamping them to normal looking civs. Like the trader, workerm police shown earlier.

Armor looking troops can be rathia's Gobal army of some sort of faction. They then co-side with the militia to form a new faction against the Republic and CIS. Would explain the militia having tanks later on furthur down the road.

We could call the ones with the armor, "Rathia Defense Forces" or RDF. Just now thought of that name and I think it sounds good. Up to you. The 'militia' starts out as small resistance guerilla fighters who don't want the Republic or the CIS in their system, and then they join with existing RDF OR they create the "RDF" if it didn't exist before. I think the "RDF" could have been formed before, but wasn't strong, and was more of a global police than anything, until the 'militia' joins them, to create a more threatening force.

Think of it as 'snowballing', where more snow just keeps packing onto the existing snowball. Support and the will to fight is pretty much the same way if you give them enough 'hope' or 'reason' to fight. The infantry regiment is called the "Rathia Mobile Infantry" whereas the armored corps is....well... "Rathia Armored Corps." Maybe the RDF, since it was originally a police force, didn't have a proper chain of command....or it did, but it just didn't have enough people to fill all roles. That's where the militia comes in...then they join the RDF and make it a more formidable force. That would explain the armor sets and the tanks.

I think that sounds a bit more plausible somehow...and believable. Though as we once agreed on, some of the 'militia' don't quite agree that fighting against the Republic is a good idea, so there's.....resistance within the resistance. :p
Back to top Go down
SpartanA259
Clone Trooper PFC
Clone Trooper PFC
SpartanA259

Registration Date : 2011-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 13 I_icon_minitime12/26/2011, 12:37 am

Militias Armor.
Designated Days Operations - Page 13 Swbf220111225183311
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 13 I_icon_minitime12/27/2011, 2:27 am

Sweet, Prehaps another color for the militia armor?
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 13 I_icon_minitime12/28/2011, 2:27 am

Got few trooper sets ready for main beach assaults, airborne landingings, recon missions and scout/pathfinders tasks.

Meantime heres the dday airbonre troops
--------------------------------------------------------------
Designated Days Operations - Page 13 Ddayairborne0
Designated Days Operations - Page 13 Ddayairborne
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 13 I_icon_minitime12/28/2011, 10:41 am

Very nice, Ice. I'd like that sent to me later if it's not much of a bother(those guys, since, after all, '514th Pathfinders Regiment'). Great job.

I'm gonna go back to bed. My left eye is causing me immense pain at the moment. Might need a cybernetic replacement later if this keeps up.
Back to top Go down
THEWULFMAN
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
THEWULFMAN

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 13 I_icon_minitime12/28/2011, 4:08 pm

RevanSithLord wrote:
I'm gonna go back to bed. My left eye is causing me immense pain at the moment. Might need a cybernetic replacement later if this keeps up.

Remember to take breaks, staring at a computer too long can cause headaches. Get well soon. Wink

Oh and when I said I'd send the grass texture today, I meant when ever I had the time. XD Sorry about that. Laughing
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 13 I_icon_minitime12/28/2011, 5:12 pm

Well, that COULD be a cause of why it hurts, but my dad also has immense eye pains when he's tired. I never had problems like this until now. Until I find the real problem, I blame my father like usual. :p It's fine now, by the way. Smile Thanks.

Also, no problem. This mod is an 'at your own pace' thing, so you definitely got plenty of time. lol
Back to top Go down
ARC_Troopa_Nate
Clone Trooper Lietenant Colonel

Registration Date : 2011-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 13 I_icon_minitime12/28/2011, 5:15 pm

Is there any rough release date? I don't work well without deadlines, I'm naturally a procrastinator.
Back to top Go down
http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-battlefront-expansion-mod
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 13 I_icon_minitime12/28/2011, 5:26 pm

ARC_troopa_Nate wrote:
Is there any rough release date? I don't work well without deadlines, I'm naturally a procrastinator.

No rough release date, but we do have 'goals/objectives' we want to reach. Would those work? Icemember could better explain that for you.
Back to top Go down
ARC_Troopa_Nate

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 13 I_icon_minitime12/28/2011, 5:43 pm

Yes, they would, I just need some sense of when I need to have my map done/far along.
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 13 I_icon_minitime12/28/2011, 9:47 pm

Well, im thinking mid jan 2012, round up maps for chapter 1. See what we got. MAke changes or add more detail to em. Bob is pretty much a maplist. So he would know what should be added amd what not. Also most of the Dday troopers are done. Just need phase 1 set, and armor infantry sets (engineer). Sometime today I should be done both sets.

I'll get the needed sides up and running for your maps next.

Then I get a move on your request. So sometime nid or late Jan, will check all maps out. Hope you all have good coonections for downloading lol.

Back to top Go down
ARC_Troopa_Nate

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 13 I_icon_minitime12/28/2011, 10:05 pm

Alright. Thanks. Expect an update from me on Monday, the Second of January. I'll finally be able to show off my map!
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 13 I_icon_minitime12/28/2011, 11:00 pm

Sweet! good to hear.

Heres some foliage added in the airborne assault map.

Shot
------------------------------------------------------------
Designated Days Operations - Page 13 Airbornenpathfinders

UPDATE

Armor infantry is done. Heres a shot.

Armor Infantry
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Designated Days Operations - Page 13 Armori

Last edited by Icemember on 12/29/2011, 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding info)
Back to top Go down
Lephenix
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Lephenix

Registration Date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 13 I_icon_minitime12/29/2011, 12:18 pm

The 1st pic looks really nice.
Back to top Go down
http://lephenixbeginnings.blogspot.fr/
SpartanA259
Clone Trooper PFC
Clone Trooper PFC
SpartanA259

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 13 I_icon_minitime12/29/2011, 11:11 pm

Looks great! One question are the clone wearing phase one armor or phase two armor?
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 13 I_icon_minitime12/30/2011, 12:23 am

Well, think the helmets are the real difference in the armor. Thought some star wars expanded universe guy on wiki wrote that ph1 armor was uncomfortable. So phase 2 was made. But really it was all about making the armor evolve to storm trooper armor. Which is probably phase 3. Now that looks uncomfortable LOL! But anyways, like MR G.Lucas, the armor is perfect for the troopers. And as years go by, clones modified there armor and added accessaries.

Basicly were using all katarn armor except Imperial armor. So just kind of go about what armor you like to see in your division. Mix and match like the 7th elites. They go with phase 2 infantry armor mixed with phase 2 Allterrain armor as an example.

But heres both phases in dday gear.

Phase 1
------------------------------------------
Designated Days Operations - Page 13 Ph1dday

Phase 2
-------------------------------------------
Designated Days Operations - Page 13 Ph2dday

By the way.....

DDAY sets
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infantry - 100%
Airborne - 100%
Recon - 100%
Armor Infantry - 100%
Scout/Pathfinders - 100%
Allterrain Infantry - 100%
Artillery Crew - 100%

WIP
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
ARF Infantry - 0%
Fighter Pilot - 0%
Gunship Pilot - 0%
Field Marshall - 0%
Commanders - 0%

Last edited by Icemember on 12/30/2011, 12:41 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding Info)
Back to top Go down
SpartanA259
Clone Trooper PFC
Clone Trooper PFC
SpartanA259

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 13 I_icon_minitime12/30/2011, 1:49 am

Ah I see. What division is attacking the town on my map? Also we can have our own divisions?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 13 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Designated Days Operations

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 13 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 23 ... 34  Next