SWBF CUSTOM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SWBF CUSTOM

The best way to custom your games.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

BFSM beta3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

Registration Date : 2010-08-21
Location : The good 'ol United States of America, Iowa Great Lakes region

BFSM beta3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BFSM beta3   BFSM beta3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10/30/2011, 2:21 am

May I ask the status of this brilliant mod? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.loadedandplay.com
skelltor
Corporal
Corporal
skelltor

Registration Date : 2010-10-20

PostSubject: Re: BFSM beta3   BFSM beta3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10/30/2011, 4:22 am

Yea sorry I have been buisy on this but I decided to post pon the realese till idk currently I am doing a large isual update and adding tons of new sounds.
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: BFSM beta3   BFSM beta3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10/30/2011, 5:11 am

skelltor wrote:
Yea sorry I have been buisy on this but I decided to post pon the realese till idk currently I am doing a large isual update and adding tons of new sounds.

Sounds sweet. No pressure of course. Just wanted to ask what was up. I understand being busy. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dani the kid
Grunt
Grunt
Dani the kid

Registration Date : 2011-10-19

PostSubject: Re: BFSM beta3   BFSM beta3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10/30/2011, 11:53 am

Hi skelltor, your mod is very nice, but i have a problem. In Polis Massa and the Tantive when I start to play with "Clone Wars Era", a few seconds to start it off and I can not play. It is only in these two maps, and no longer do. Crying or Very sad Do not know if you understand me, but I'm Spanish and I canĀ“t speak more clearly.
Back to top Go down
skelltor
Corporal
Corporal
skelltor

PostSubject: Re: BFSM beta3   BFSM beta3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10/30/2011, 2:43 pm

Can you please explain more how you "cant play" like does the game freeze or ctd or what exactly?
Back to top Go down
Dani the kid
Grunt
Grunt
Dani the kid

PostSubject: Re: BFSM beta3   BFSM beta3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10/30/2011, 3:46 pm

My mistake is that when I go to play at 10 seconds of entering and the screen fades back to the desktop.
Back to top Go down
skelltor
Corporal
Corporal
skelltor

PostSubject: Re: BFSM beta3   BFSM beta3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10/30/2011, 4:56 pm

Ok will someone who has that version of the beta please check theose maps for me cuz I have edited a bunch of maps for my personal current version.
Back to top Go down
Dani the kid
Grunt
Grunt
Dani the kid

PostSubject: Re: BFSM beta3   BFSM beta3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10/30/2011, 5:16 pm

So on those maps I can not play?
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: BFSM beta3   BFSM beta3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10/30/2011, 8:13 pm

skelltor wrote:
Ok will someone who has that version of the beta please check theose maps for me cuz I have edited a bunch of maps for my personal current version.

Would you like me to reinstall BFSM (sorry, had to make space for a few other mods. I do love your mod. I do love BFX, but I think some change back to BFSM will be a bit refreshing. Was thinking of reinstalling it anyways) and use the BF2 Modtools and send you a BF2 error log?
Back to top Go down
skelltor
Corporal
Corporal
skelltor

PostSubject: Re: BFSM beta3   BFSM beta3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10/30/2011, 9:43 pm

Yes please Smile
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: BFSM beta3   BFSM beta3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10/30/2011, 9:58 pm

Dunno when I'll get it in, because I might be addicted in playing your mod. Laughing
Back to top Go down
skelltor
Corporal
Corporal
skelltor

PostSubject: Re: BFSM beta3   BFSM beta3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10/30/2011, 10:53 pm

Ok lol no rush Smile
btw what do ppl think of random units in the same class on maps? for example on kamino gcw the 14pt unit for the empire could be the darktrooper, the jumptrooper, the shocktrooper, or the rad trooper and have it be randomly selected at the start. or I might release a vanilla version then later a map file update with random units and a campaign and stuff.
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: BFSM beta3   BFSM beta3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10/31/2011, 1:07 am

That would be pretty cool and would keep the gameplay fresh IMO.
Back to top Go down
Lephenix
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Lephenix

Registration Date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: BFSM beta3   BFSM beta3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime11/2/2011, 6:34 pm

I like the idea. It only has been used by Kinetos Impetus in his mod, and Indiana Joe and Impspy in their PAX EMPIRICAE mod.
Back to top Go down
http://lephenixbeginnings.blogspot.fr/
THEWULFMAN
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
THEWULFMAN

Registration Date : 2011-07-02

PostSubject: Re: BFSM beta3   BFSM beta3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime11/3/2011, 6:08 am

Lephenix wrote:
I like the idea. It only has been used by Kinetos Impetus in his mod, and Indiana Joe and Impspy in their PAX EMPIRICAE mod.

Random units have also been used in Dark Times, Dark Times II, and my The Clone Wars mod. Also, I thought PAX only had random unit models, not random units. I don't remember, as I only played PAX once like 6 months ago.
Back to top Go down
skelltor
Corporal
Corporal
skelltor

PostSubject: Re: BFSM beta3   BFSM beta3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime11/3/2011, 12:36 pm

Yes actually PAX did only have random models and skins.
Back to top Go down
Lephenix
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Lephenix

Registration Date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: BFSM beta3   BFSM beta3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime11/3/2011, 2:41 pm

I thought you were talking about random units models, but now i understand. And it is a nice addon too.
Back to top Go down
http://lephenixbeginnings.blogspot.fr/
ultimategamersidious
Recruit
Recruit

Registration Date : 2012-03-20

PostSubject: Re: BFSM beta3   BFSM beta3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3/22/2012, 2:57 pm

Could someone reupload it? Megaupload is closed now...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ultimategamersidious
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: BFSM beta3   BFSM beta3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3/22/2012, 4:55 pm

ultimategamersidious wrote:

I know I have it somewhere. I'll see about uploading it to my Dropbox.

Edit- Scratch that. It's going on my personal Filefront account. No one really visits my page there anyways. Doubt anyone really cares.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21456017/BFSM+3.rar

There you go.

Edit 2- Download button now active. Enjoy. Skelltor needs feedback!
Back to top Go down
ultimategamersidious
Recruit
Recruit

Registration Date : 2012-03-20

PostSubject: Re: BFSM beta3   BFSM beta3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4/14/2012, 1:26 pm

RevanSithLord wrote:
ultimategamersidious wrote:

I know I have it somewhere. I'll see about uploading it to my Dropbox.

Edit- Scratch that. It's going on my personal Filefront account. No one really visits my page there anyways. Doubt anyone really cares.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21456017/BFSM+3.rar

There you go.

Edit 2- Download button now active. Enjoy. Skelltor needs feedback!

Wow!!! I have played this and I have fallen in love with it... Great
This is amazing! I expect that the full mod will come out soon
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ultimategamersidious
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Clone Trooper Master Staff Major
TWINKEYRUNAWAY

Registration Date : 2012-07-12

PostSubject: Re: BFSM beta3   BFSM beta3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7/15/2012, 4:02 am

Im doing an extensive Bug report on this Beta. Don't know if this gentlemen is still working on it, but ill have a pretty good bug/suggestion report in a few days. There is a lot of potential for this mod, and I would really like to see some of my future suggestions taken into account.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: BFSM beta3   BFSM beta3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7/15/2012, 4:22 am

I'm sure skelltor will get back to it. Really is fun, but a harsh mod, so you've got to think or you're dead.
Back to top Go down
Glitch
Storm Trooper Corporal
Storm Trooper Corporal
Glitch

Registration Date : 2012-04-02

PostSubject: Re: BFSM beta3   BFSM beta3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7/15/2012, 5:36 am

Interesting mod. I only have 2 things that I want to point out though.

The Droideka and Super Battle Droid skins look terrible. (Just stick with the stock ones, those look like someone with bad photoshop skills just put a quick filter on them and then saved the TGA)

The "B1" Security Droid should be named OMM Security Droid
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/OOM_security_battle_droid

Otherwise great mod. Really nice work.
Back to top Go down
https://2img.net/r/ihimg/a/img841/5206/glitchesultimatesidemod.jpg
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
TWINKEYRUNAWAY

PostSubject: Re: BFSM beta3   BFSM beta3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7/16/2012, 3:29 am

Was going to report this later but ...the droideka's shield...its really huge. I can see what you were going for skelltor, making the droideka shield much larger so units can stay in with him. The problem with that is that the AI wouldn't normally do this nor would the droideka do this for me. I highly suggest that you give him the stock radius on his shield seeing as there isn't really any benefit for such a huge shield and how odd/wierd it looks on a droideka.
I managed to find quite a few bugs regarding marvel4's mappack in conjunction with your sides mod. ill be sure to list everything I find once I do some more tests. Ill even give you some online tests, my friend has it to so we will be doing several matches with this mod and see how it fairs. So far im really enjoying this and most of the models, and ill be sure to add everything on the final report.
Back to top Go down
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
TWINKEYRUNAWAY

PostSubject: Re: BFSM beta3   BFSM beta3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7/20/2012, 8:07 pm

Sorry to double post, but finally got around to testing this properly.

Suggestions:

*Make the droideka's shield stock, looks way too huge and provides no real benefit except if your a human player. It looks very odd and really needs to be small again.

*Republic Commando weapon sounds seem really out of place. Have you tried using sounds from the Republic commando game? Ive seen others use the official sounds and it would make your republic commando unit much more attractive.

*The Arc-170 fighter...its one of my favorite space vehicles in game and in your mod but the thing that urks me and im sure urks others is the perspective. It seems really stale, like you fly it around and when you turn and angle the ships feels like it really doesn't move. Like the ship's view doesn't change, unlike the other ships where you turn, your ship angles at that turn and feels more vibrant. you should use the stock view/perspective for the arc170 fighter.

*Tie fighter is pretty good but...why do people insist to not give it a secondary weapon in mods? Maybe some kind of secondary weapon would make it feel more useful. Its like every other star fighter has a missile and the tie is left out.

*You need to lower the power of the commando/imperial sergeant's/captain's units weapons. They feel like the overpowered heroes most of the time. I can literally mow dozens of soldiers down with the commando and sergeants with ease. you should make them more like your commander units, because their weapons seem more balanced out.

*Really big consideration here...I feel some of the units have too much stuff in their inventory. Its really hard for the classes to feel different to unique when everybody has everything almost. I can understand every class having some kind of grenade but you really need to cut down on the secondary weapons. Have units have unique things specific only to their class.

*For Ariel/jet type troopers, I applaud that finally someone agrees that there should be unlimited fuel(Makes more sense) but my gripe is that for republic jet troopers, they seem to lunge into the air to quickly(Like a spring). For the republic and rebels, make the transition from ground to air smooth like you did for the droid jet trooper(The one with the orange backpack and markings). The rebel jet trooper has way too much lunge, like he wont stop going up and he goes up way to fast, its really odd. I would keep the B2 battledroid jet unit and the shock trooper the same though, they are good the way they are.

*For the darktrooper, his camera angle feels wierd. Why not just give him the camera angle every other trooper has?

*The beam rifle for the droid engineer is so overpowered...a suggestion would be to give him a different weapon. Reason being is because the beam from the rifle goes over the gun model and also a shot gun seems more appropriate for him. I would suggest giving him the shot gun that the rebel engineer has in your mod.

*The bulldog RL for the magna guard is unnecessary. It doesn't look right for it to be a secondary and it looks weird when
you shot it because it goes back to the staff, then back to the gun. This goes the same for heroes that have a gun for a secondary, the transition from the gun to the saber looks choppy and odd. If I were you, definably get rid of projectiles for them. I also get that the electro staff can reflect lightsaber, but I think it makes the magnaguard even more unbalanced. What I suggest is get rid of the block for it and replace it with the bulldog RL if you didnt want to take the bulldog RL out.

*Remove the force jump and force speed. They are not only glitch y and don't look very good, but they can be buggy and cuase you to die. I remember using force jump for obi wan, I fly into the sky and died....same goes for the force speed. Because there is no proper run animation for it, it looks weird because you go fast but you look like your crouching through it.

*the imperial drop ship is very well done but it is way to fast, its really hard to land it into the enemy hanger. I don't think you could even slow down which is a problem.

*small suggestion, give the A-wing double blaster fire, it looks odd when a ship such as this has two canons on its side, yet it only shots one distinct shot.

*speaking of blaster fire you need to slow down the rate of fire on all fast flying ships (jedi starfighter, tie interceptor ect)
. They are way too fast and are a tad bit overpowered thanks to the rate of fire.

*Shock trooper model with the pilot head looks..weird. Not bad but maybe look into different models?

*cut back on the oribital strike, I know its a cool thing to have but too many different troops have it. and boy when that thing goes off....rvrvtgbhytbhnretynthn??!!! <--- the screen shakes like a crazy person. I guess that cant be fixed but just keep this equipment to commanders.

*droid assualt units look very weird when you have this big black backpack on them. The skeleton look of the droid makes it look like it wouldn't be able to pick up this large demo back pack. suggestion is make a custom model that is smaller but will match the unit.

*clone commando model seems really dated, maybe newer models will be better?

*Personally I like to stay in 3rd person mode. But it feels odd when im zooming in this mode and suddenly its not over the shoulder camera angle, but straight to the zoom of the first person scope. It would look a lot more attractive if you restored over the should angle back to the non-sniper units.

Bugs that are fatal:

On polis massa, when entering a droid ATT and then using its rockets, the game shuts me out of battlefront. My other testers reported the same thing.

Tested it with marvel4's BF1 map pack, the AT-TA gunship seems to crash often on ground maps(especially on geonosis, ai is only one that can get in them with out crashing)

*not a fatal bug, but the commanders or people with shield/shield generators have a bug where you try to use a different secondary thing, but the shield will turn on anyway when its not the shield I picked.

online is stable but I think you need to gt more people to test for that.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BFSM beta3   BFSM beta3 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BFSM beta3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next