SWBF CUSTOM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SWBF CUSTOM

The best way to custom your games.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Designated Days Operations

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
ARC_Troopa_Nate
Clone Trooper Lietenant Colonel
Clone Trooper Lietenant Colonel

Registration Date : 2011-07-07

Designated Days Operations - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2/7/2012, 11:57 pm

Great! Sorry bout not getting my map to you. Midterms tomorrow through friday, SAVE ME SNOW!
Back to top Go down
http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-battlefront-expansion-mod
THEWULFMAN
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
THEWULFMAN

Registration Date : 2011-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2/8/2012, 6:07 am

Yes well, the only problem is my job is about ten times easier when I know the exact look of the texture you're going for. I don't want odd, mismatched ground textures because I couldn't match the colors and theme well enough. Surprised

So even if you're using stock or edited stock textures, I'd like to have them (or if they're unedited you can just tell me the file name). Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

Registration Date : 2010-08-21
Location : The good 'ol United States of America, Iowa Great Lakes region

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2/8/2012, 6:48 am

THEWULFMAN wrote:
Yes well, the only problem is my job is about ten times easier when I know the exact look of the texture you're going for. I don't want odd, mismatched ground textures because I couldn't match the colors and theme well enough. Surprised

So even if you're using stock or edited stock textures, I'd like to have them (or if they're unedited you can just tell me the file name). Thanks in advance.

I was just using naboo2_main_1 and naboo2_main_4. I don't know the basis of which Ice was basing his textures off of, but I'd guess those are the best textures to go off of for the grassed areas for the mainland and this island we're working on.

For grass I'd honestly go off of the two I listed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.loadedandplay.com
SpartanA259
Clone Trooper PFC
Clone Trooper PFC
SpartanA259

Registration Date : 2011-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2/12/2012, 5:01 am

Im really sorry for not giving you the map yet. I cant seem to find the reason for the crashing. Should I just remake it from scratch because rebuilding it would take me atleast a week to do? Good looking marine by the way.
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2/12/2012, 5:18 am

SpartanA259 wrote:
Im really sorry for not giving you the map yet. I cant seem to find the reason for the crashing. Should I just remake it from scratch because rebuilding it would take me atleast a week to do? Good looking marine by the way.

Perhaps send the source off to Icemember and he could check out a reason?
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Dark Trooper Phase 1 Class
Icemember

Registration Date : 2010-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2/14/2012, 2:21 pm

Heres some militia security. All maps are almost ready. Just waiting on the other 2.

shots
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Designated Days Operations - Page 17 D001fc
Designated Days Operations - Page 17 D002j
Designated Days Operations - Page 17 D003t

This guy is just used to help me around the map to watch and look for bugs. Debug-trooper lol. (Shadow)
Designated Days Operations - Page 17 Shadowut
Back to top Go down
Lephenix
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Lephenix

Registration Date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2/15/2012, 2:49 pm

Nice debug trooper 8) .
Back to top Go down
http://lephenixbeginnings.blogspot.fr/
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2/16/2012, 7:27 am

I like the debug trooper. But yeah, awesome update!
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2/22/2012, 3:41 am

Hi, took a weeks break lol. Now back to work lol. Smile

Heres a clone trooper bred by differnt DNA. Basicly engineer armor with a modified ph1 helmet.

Shots
-------------------------------------
Designated Days Operations - Page 17 Nc0m
Designated Days Operations - Page 17 Nc1w
Designated Days Operations - Page 17 Nc2r
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 17 I_icon_minitime2/22/2012, 4:34 am

That's an awesome helmet! Great textures! Keep it up, commander!
Back to top Go down
Bobfinkl
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Registration Date : 2010-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 17 I_icon_minitime3/6/2012, 5:04 pm

The maps are looking good, although I think the lighting could use some work (I can't actually see a difference from the preset lighting you get when you first munge the map).

You guys have made some excellent units. However, not to be that schmuck that's not obsessed with clones, but I really do believe the maps themselves are more important. We make a ton of clones for future use, but I believe we should build the maps that require their use before we build the clones that's use is required. That way we will make far more progress I'd think.

With that said, I'm looking forward to my next map assignment, whatever that may be. If there are no maps specifically that need to be made with our upcoming release, then send me maps that you think could use some retouching and I will get right on it.
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 17 I_icon_minitime3/6/2012, 5:11 pm

That is why I only concentrated on my map. I wish I had more time on it to work with the lighting more, however I did not have the time to make the desired deadline. I do agree that the maps on which we play are way more important, however I do not know Icemember's position on this issue.
Back to top Go down
SpartanA259
Clone Trooper PFC
Clone Trooper PFC
SpartanA259

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 17 I_icon_minitime3/6/2012, 9:30 pm

Although if you think of a cool clone but its not for the present project it might be a good thing to create it just incase you forget about just a thought. Wink
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 17 I_icon_minitime3/6/2012, 10:35 pm

SpartanA259 wrote:
Although if you think of a cool clone but its not for the present project it might be a good thing to create it just incase you forget about just a thought. Wink

That too.
Back to top Go down
Bobfinkl
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 17 I_icon_minitime3/7/2012, 12:15 am

SpartanA259 wrote:
Agreed, assuming you have the time and it doesn't interfere with anything else. But otherwise if you are busy it is my personal belief that you should write good ideas down somewhere whether on the computer or on a notebook (I personally have a .txt document on my desktop of all things to remember due to my poor memory) for future reference, that way you retain the idea if it ever ends up being useful, and you didn't use up valuable time creating something.
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 17 I_icon_minitime3/7/2012, 2:19 am

Both ways of keeping ideas fresh are not necessarily wrong or right ways, however I personally agree with both ways. As long as the end result was worth it, I feel that the process of which things are done should not matter, regardless of how efficient one way or another is. As long as there is progress and in the end quality work is produced, the rest should not matter.

I agree, though, with how the map itself should be the most important thing. Without the map, what would we be trying to accomplish? Just another era mod? Our goal is to achieve the entire spectrum of quality all around, also I am sure that, in the end, the maps will be polished enough to meet the basic player's satisfaction - that is at the very least our intent.
Back to top Go down
Bobfinkl
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 17 I_icon_minitime3/7/2012, 6:40 pm

Moving on from the subject, I have two things I want to ask. If there are any maps that need polishing for the environment or any polishing at all feel free to send them to me and tell me the general look you are going for. Also I've been working hard on the beachhead map (and due to a computer fault I've now had to convert it to daytime so it could be included in the mappack), I would like to release it as a demo for the mod, given proper permission from the rest of the team of course. If you would like to try out the completed map for yourselves first I would gladly upload it and post it here/send it to the team via PM.
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 17 I_icon_minitime3/8/2012, 6:29 am

Hi guys.

We have many clone divisions were going to be working with. They will all have a variety of gear. So that they dont feel the same at the other unit. Will even have clones with out armor but in a full body black suit. Also there will be other races helping the republic forces along this crusade. Say 4 rep units long with 3 wookie units as an example.

I believe this be what clones wear underneth the armor.
Full body suit
------------------------------
Designated Days Operations - Page 17 Blackbodysuit

Thought as few of you mentioned, the map work is the main focus in the game play. We dont want maps looking the same or feeling the same after one progresses past the 1st chapter. Those are good key points many of your mentioned.

Let me give a run down where we are.

D00 - 90% Farm - icemember
D01 - 70% Farm field - Revansithlord
D02 - 80% Major City - Bobfinkl
D04 - 90% Factory - icemember
D05 - ??? Town - ArctroopaNate
D06 - 70% Town - SpartanA256

Soon as I'm done preping these maps, I will send all 6 of them to Bob for final touches such as lighting. Then I will past them out to every DD team member for testing. Then we can choose to have beta or finalize it and release this chapter 1 Republic Ghost.

@ArcTroopaNate need to know your progress if any on D05. If not I can or one of the other members can start D05.

Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 17 I_icon_minitime3/8/2012, 6:57 am

I think of the Clones with the Black Body Suits in Clone Wars as a sort of infiltrator type of clone for some odd reason. Give them some goggles, some black gloves, a grenade sash (likely flashbang and smoke style ones), a holster, and some other small trinkets for stealth purposes. Also a small retractable vibro-blade for stealthy up close assassinations. For long range, a suppressed rifle with 12x scope and for short-medium range, a couple of suppressed blasters. Maybe a small seeker style drone for reconnaissance or something to make it a more specialized kit? That's what I think when I think of this type of guy. Good idea, or no?
Back to top Go down
SpartanA259
Clone Trooper PFC
Clone Trooper PFC
SpartanA259

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 17 I_icon_minitime3/8/2012, 11:52 am

If needed I can do D05.
Back to top Go down
Bobfinkl
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 17 I_icon_minitime3/8/2012, 7:37 pm

Well that sounds like an excellent plan, tell me when you send the maps some details on how you envisioned the environment (time of day, weather such as cloudy bright and sunny or raining or about to rain, and anything else that could help me to make the environment correct).

Another thing, I think that the beachhead map I have been working on now for so long could fit in well too in this mappack (it's no longer at night), if anything it could be a teaser map to release early, here's a link to the new screenshots. http://www.xfire.com/profile/bobfinkl/screenshots/?view#122137971
Back to top Go down
Lephenix
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Lephenix

Registration Date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 17 I_icon_minitime3/8/2012, 8:37 pm

That looks good, but the ground have very lowrez textures.
Back to top Go down
http://lephenixbeginnings.blogspot.fr/
Bobfinkl
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 17 I_icon_minitime3/9/2012, 2:57 am

That is true, although I have addressed that to the best of my ability (if I make it more hi-rez it starts to tile, badly). There is the option of making new higher-rez ground textures but I just don't work that well in the texture department to do that. I do, however, think that it would be worth a revisit for me see if I can improve it a little, thank you for the feedback.
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 17 I_icon_minitime3/9/2012, 3:54 am

@SpartanA256 Ok since we didnt hear anything from ArcTroopaNate and were nearing beta, Get started on D05.

@Bobfinkl I agree, your map should be added as a "A teaste of things to come" map. Maybe if we can fix up those sides before releasing to the public. And the updated version looks for some reason alot better. Reminds me of a landing in the pacific. But yes, I love the lok of it.
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 17 I_icon_minitime3/9/2012, 6:00 am

Icemember wrote:
@SpartanA256 Ok since we didnt hear anything from ArcTroopaNate and were nearing beta, Get started on D05.

@Bobfinkl I agree, your map should be added as a "A teaste of things to come" map. Maybe if we can fix up those sides before releasing to the public. And the updated version looks for some reason alot better. Reminds me of a landing in the pacific. But yes, I love the lok of it.

No comment towards my idea of a Clone Infiltrator unit? :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 17 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Designated Days Operations

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 17 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next