SWBF CUSTOM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SWBF CUSTOM

The best way to custom your games.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Men of War series

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

Registration Date : 2010-08-21
Location : The good 'ol United States of America, Iowa Great Lakes region

Men of War series Empty
PostSubject: Men of War series   Men of War series I_icon_minitime5/31/2016, 2:53 am

If you want to compare MoW to any other series, I'd have to say this is sort of a Blitzkrieg successor. It's very tactical gameplay, too - although you can have big battles. Everything is really detailed and the physics are awesome. The series has several mods as well.

Men of War evolved from Faces of War. Eventually the series kicked off with more and more titles. The latest Men of War title is Assault Squad 2, as far as I've researched, and it has a LOT of mods. I think I will use a lot of these WWII accuracy mods as references for DD, but the games in and of themselves are amazing. I have the whole series. Vietnam didn't have a lot of mods, though. Not sure about Red Tide and Condemned heroes, although they are a blast to play as well. Other companies made a modern one called "Call to Arms" and there's another based on WWI. Look it all up, it's really fun stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.loadedandplay.com
Cdt Fox
Clone Trooper Lieutenant Major
Clone Trooper Lieutenant Major
Cdt Fox

Registration Date : 2014-11-30

Men of War series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Men of War series   Men of War series I_icon_minitime5/31/2016, 5:57 am

Yes, you're right there are a lot of stuff for this game, this is an amazing game! What I love it's that you can make cinematics, you can find a lot of good films of it...

But what I didn't like is the mod "Galaxy at War" for MoW assault squd 2. The mod is developped by a team of modders leaded by a French guy. In this mod there are using a lot of our assets at Gametoast or Swbfgamers. The problem is that they said "it's our work from scratch". Boom
You can find Forcemaster's AT-OT and many other thing from the assets link thread. They don't put the credit anymore...
For exemple one guy was asking who made this, I just answered a swbf 2 modeler/modder and 30mins after my comment was deleted...with the guy's question too..

Apart that it's still a really well done game...but Swbf 2 is the number one! :p
Back to top Go down
http://www.moddb.com/members/cdtfox
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

Registration Date : 2010-08-21
Location : The good 'ol United States of America, Iowa Great Lakes region

Men of War series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Men of War series   Men of War series I_icon_minitime5/31/2016, 8:39 pm

I noticed that too, and it is annoying that they used a lot of content that our communities have made. I have to admit, it is fun playing with them in the editor, but of course it doesn't make up for the usage of content. The one mod that pretty much has everything from scratch is Empire Rising, I think, though there are some voices from JA in there if I'm not mistaken.

Also, in EaW: FoC mods, there are a lot of uses of Neomarz' Clone Ultima pack without credit, but I think most CW mods have fixed that credit mistake.
Back to top Go down
http://www.loadedandplay.com
Sponsored content

Men of War series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Men of War series   Men of War series I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Men of War series

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1