SWBF CUSTOM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SWBF CUSTOM

The best way to custom your games.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stressed Out

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Glitch
Storm Trooper Corporal
Storm Trooper Corporal
Glitch

Registration Date : 2012-04-02

Stressed Out Empty
PostSubject: Stressed Out   Stressed Out I_icon_minitime11/20/2012, 3:22 am

Spent well over 6 months working on "Ultimate CIS" after the hard drive crash lost all of the mod tools data blah blah blah. Now I can't get anything to work correctly with the sides, I really don't want to burden/annoy you guys with this. Asking the same god damn questions i've asked before.

I can't get the mission/side replacement to work correctly and only the weapon changes appear in game now. Its really frustrating thinking that I have to do this ALL over again. I don't even know where to begin....

No one else to talk to. Living every life like a f***ing zombie. Same repetitive schedule over and over and OVER again. When I come home video games are my life. Girlfriend broke up with me without giving me a reason or explanation, the response I gave her was "Don't feel bad about it" and she's doing fine, I'm really glad she is. But I'm lonely as hell now. Pathetic right? I HATE emotions why can't human beings be cold and logical, we would have advanced so far if that was the case, why do we experience emotions and what purpose are they for?

To be honest I don't have a religion, what is this God you speak of? When we die our body goes through a decomposition process after the brain and organs shut down. Hell, we've all had bad days, stressful ones, days where you feel like your life is utterly pointless or boring. If I don't make enough money to go to college i'll never be able to accomplish my life goals, I'll have to work for the rest of my life and end up with some unfulfilled mundane job at a factory or office! I recently "received" my IQ test results and they suggested I do not look at the numbers as it would lower my self esteem or make me feel worse about myself. Turns out I'm slower, my cognitive abilities are inferior to the average person. My grades in school are dropping I have one week before this quarter ends, if I don't pull them up before the quarter ends what chance do I have at becoming a game designer!? AHHHHHHHHHHH!

....sorry guys, I really don't expect any of you to read this or even care for that matter, I just needed to vent.

"At times of Chaos, humans are subjected to emotion rather than logic" - CC
Back to top Go down
https://2img.net/r/ihimg/a/img841/5206/glitchesultimatesidemod.jpg
Icemember
Dark Trooper Phase 1 Class
Dark Trooper Phase 1 Class
Icemember

Registration Date : 2010-07-29

Stressed Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stressed Out   Stressed Out I_icon_minitime11/20/2012, 3:44 am

1st off, It always good to let it out.
2nd - My IQ sucks bad, but I love designing, modding games. I find experience is the best teacher. I had to learn modeling on my own. Reading people's free tutorials and all. Thank God for them.
3rd - Having fate is a start. No matter how bad things get, have fate in your self till you find a religous point of view.
4th - I know how you feel when work is lost and have to start from scatch.
5th - When lonely, I would say pray to God, But for now, modding will assist time in healing your heart. Or till she comes back.

But all in all, SWBFC is here for ya Cool (Friends)
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

Registration Date : 2010-08-21
Location : The good 'ol United States of America, Iowa Great Lakes region

Stressed Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stressed Out   Stressed Out I_icon_minitime11/20/2012, 5:59 am

First of all, I feel that "IQ" doesn't really matter. A person is intelligent in their own way and IQ tests are just a complete waste of time.

That aside, it's good to let emotions out.

Don't have a religion? That's fine, personally don't care. I have many over-religious and anti-religious friends (we're all human beings in the end...that's what matters). I'm mostly agnostic myself. I do, though, tend to think there's something out there more powerful than us, bigger than us, an unseen force that we can simply not even fathom. Not necessarily a 'God', but I don't know...something. However this is a topic for another time and 'religious' views should probably best be kept out of most conversations because of aforementioned 'emotions'. I do have to mention that you don't have to be religious to have faith. Have faith in what you personally yourself believe in and strive for and you'll get farther than you know.

As for losing data, trust me....yes, it sucks. I have to agree there and it is really frustrating and stressful.

In January of 2010....I broke up with my girlfriend. I have to say I regretted that, but distance ripped us apart. I feel alone now more than ever. My best friend, Austin, passed away just this year; he was just 22. Barely any of my 'circle' talks to me anymore. They don't hang out with me anymore, play games, nothing, and I've felt constantly neglected, alone, but again faith comes into play. Faith....and hope. I hope that one day I'll finish all those projects that Ajax and I set out to do and I pray that I find someone to marry and live with for the rest of my life and bond eternally with. His wife is hurting, so I have to be there for her; want to be there for her. So trust me when I say that I know what it's like to be alone. My self-esteem is at an all-time low. I don't think that'll change anytime soon.

I'm not trying to show who's life sucks more here, just trying to share my sympathy and understanding. We're here for support. In-fact, perhaps we should make a 'venting' thread. Hmm.

All I can say is that I feel that things should get better. If you keep your head held up high, try and keep positive and happy, and tell yourself it's going to be okay, chances are it will be okay. That's the thought I have to live with every day so that I won't lose it and do something rash. Even if it's a false hope, it helps me get by, regardless of how unhealthy it is. If you need to PM me or anyone here asking for emotional help, be sure to do so. All I can give are my life experiences, which may or may not help regarding advice.

Hope I'm helping...
Back to top Go down
http://www.loadedandplay.com
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Clone Trooper Master Staff Major
Clone Trooper Master Staff Major
TWINKEYRUNAWAY

Registration Date : 2012-07-12

Stressed Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stressed Out   Stressed Out I_icon_minitime11/20/2012, 6:26 am

I know the feeling glitch. All I could suggest is to take the advice Ice and Revan have given. Heck im a college student and I know how it feels like when your grade point average drops, but you have to keep trying and get help if you need it. School is hard regardless if it is high school, college or whatever education system your going through. You just got to find the right kind of positive motivation, give your self some simple goals like "im going to try this today", take one step at a time bro. If I were you, I would try some tutoring or try talking to your teachers. Shot, praying has helped me tremendously. That is one way I get motivation, even if you have doubts about this life it never hurts just to try. Nothing to lose right?

Its good that you vented out, and I would encourage you to do this more if you needed to.

I have been on the "Break-up" end to and I can defiantly understand how that is like. Im going on a stretch here and I am thinking that we are all around the 17-22 age group. Its normal for things like this to happen, even to question yourself. But trust me, your young Glitch and there are plenty of other girls out there waiting for a great person like you to show up. As far as felling like a zombie, why not switch up some stuff? Maybe limit video games for a little bit and try other things. Art, writing, all kinds of things can help you vent to if you wanted to try those things.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant
Glitch
Storm Trooper Corporal
Storm Trooper Corporal
Glitch

Stressed Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stressed Out   Stressed Out I_icon_minitime11/20/2012, 8:42 pm

Thanks guys. I really appreciate all your advice. I've calmed down now and had a chance to process all of this.

I used to be religious when I was younger, but I had bad experiences with it and began to see it from a different perspective, from a more logical point of view. Now I tend to question everything around me finding reason and logic behind it all. Science is what I look up to. (I understand where you are coming from though Icemember, and I am really grateful for the reply)

We are only human, we only have ourselves to look up to. From another point of view I see these faiths as kind of a role model or guideline for people. It has set our moral standards and values in the past and it's still doing that for the majority of the world today. Not everyone finds security and hope in science, they need to believe that there is more to life than what we have and that there is something better after death. (I don't think I mind death if anything its a relief)

I've never experienced the death of a friend, but it must be hard. It's a good thing that you and his wife can comfort eachother. Work through it together. It may be a while before you've come to peace with the whole situation, I know it would for me. My word of advice is time heals all wounds. A bit cliche yes, but its true. The human mind is strong.

I did some research about the IQ tests. They measure how fast someone can recall information and solve problems within a given time. The final result is simply a number. Nothing more, you can't determine ones intellect with a single test. Everyone has their own skill set or field of knowledge, I just need to find mine.

College, School, my Career. Are all goals that will take some effort and hard work. But with enough of it, I'm sure I can do it. Life may be difficult or stressful at times for all of us but we all have our own ways to coping with it during our lives.

I hope that one day I'll find that perfect girl, one that I can spend time with and really enjoy life together. Hopefully I'll have some kids, that's gonna be stressful but really joyful at the same time. I hope to one day produce my masterpiece game and if I'm successful with that and there STILL isn't a Star Wars Battlefront III...I'M MAKING IT! Smile

I can definitely look forward to the future. Thank you so much guys. It's good to know that there are still people I can count on.
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

Registration Date : 2010-08-21
Location : The good 'ol United States of America, Iowa Great Lakes region

Stressed Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stressed Out   Stressed Out I_icon_minitime11/21/2012, 5:53 am

In some respects, I think I'm going a tad insane. I keep having 'conversations' with him, even though he's passed away. He's had...and still has...such a strong connection with me and his wife that it's like his energy has somewhat latched onto us, refusing to let go. Don't know how else to explain that. Emotionally and mentally I refuse to let go of that, due to wanting to remember him, I guess. Heh. But I have to keep comforting myself with this hope, whether it's false or not, that there's something greater beyond death. Humans tend not to like the idea of just 'rotting in the Earth'. Lol. I certainly don't. Laughing

But yeah, take what we said to heart and you'll definitely get by.

That's why I like this community, we stay together and help each other out where needed and more. As for projects, would definitely like help at some point with Lok. Mainly just with weapons and map props. Embarassed *shameless self-promotion* But I'd gladly help where I can with the other projects that are in progress here. Either way, we're all friends here in the end, whether we're doing something productive or not. Personally, I just screw around doing things that don't matter most of the time, but I try to put some cool things out like screenshots and stuff. Smile I contribute for fun and that's the main reason I like this place; we do it for fun, nothing more.

Back to top Go down
http://www.loadedandplay.com
Glitch
Storm Trooper Corporal
Storm Trooper Corporal
Glitch

Stressed Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stressed Out   Stressed Out I_icon_minitime11/21/2012, 4:33 pm

There's nothing wrong with clinging to an old friend for a while longer. Maybe you'll find some closure in it all. People will always believe in something, no one can change that. I'm just a bit different. alien Death isn't a threat to me, its part of life.

As for the modding, stretch of a topic change. Laughing Just let us know what you need help on, we can coordinate something. I know i'd like some more direct help with mine. Maybe you guys can fix what I can't. This community is great, you guys have proven that dozens of times.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stressed Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stressed Out   Stressed Out I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stressed Out

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SWBF CUSTOM :: Other :: Other-