SWBF CUSTOM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SWBF CUSTOM

The best way to custom your games.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[WIP] Lok: Factory Compound

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

Registration Date : 2010-08-21
Location : The good 'ol United States of America, Iowa Great Lakes region

[WIP] Lok: Factory Compound Empty
PostSubject: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound I_icon_minitime7/27/2011, 1:10 am

I'm gonna say my map is at the very least about 40%, I estimate.

I haven't seen many maps of Lok and I think the planet needed a little more love.

I've got to adjust the CPs and the planning a bit more as well as a bit of the layout, but those parts are mostly done. And I've got to add a sun to the map. I added water as well but I may need to adjust it - haven't seen it in-game yet, though. It is playable. I need to add a bit more 'foliage' (some are floating, I need to fix that) and some more cover and objects for more CQB fighting and then I can get to working on the sides/fx, etc. I also need to replace a few objects that I don't particularly like and I need to adjust the fog levels. The layout is pretty much how I want it. This map will be a map in a series...of maps...yeah.

Anyways...I present to you Lok: Junkyard Raid. It's still VERY WIP, but I hope it will be a fantastic map when I eventually release it. It will be CW and GCW era, but the story is set place in GCW era (with Clone Wars relics), the actual 'era' mod will involve heavily customized sides by me. At the moment, the Imperials are a bit on the losing side on this map, but that is going to change so I can make it as balanced as I can.

Anyways, here's some screens:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

I also need to recolor the water if that's possible. To a light brownish muddy color. I will update you guys as much as I can. I've covered pretty much everything I know is wrong, but if anyone wants to give a suggestion, lemme know. I will make it so the players will not be able to directly see the other CP immediately and the junk will be some sort of maze. Gives the junkyard more of a 'something's hidden here' feel and you don't know what'll happen next. Also, if anyone can give those Bespin props a more junky sort of look, that'd be cool. I would but skinning buildings isn't my expertise. Embarassed Anyways, suggestions, comments, sudden urges to scream "Utinni" at the top of your lungs?

Last edited by RevanSithLord on 10/26/2011, 5:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.loadedandplay.com
Acryptozoo
Clone Trooper Lieutenant
Clone Trooper Lieutenant
Acryptozoo

Registration Date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound I_icon_minitime7/27/2011, 2:18 am

nice! swbf2 could use a lok map Very Happy
SWG inspired?
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Dark Trooper Phase 1 Class
Icemember

Registration Date : 2010-07-29

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound I_icon_minitime7/27/2011, 2:46 am

Looking good Commander. A suggestion, some saturation on the lok ground textures?
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound I_icon_minitime7/27/2011, 3:16 am

Icemember wrote:
Looking good Commander. A suggestion, some saturation on the lok ground textures?

Was actually thinking about it, but looking back at SWG version, the terrain on that is extremely light and I made it a tad darker than that one. I do feel it is a bit too light still. But it also looks fine compared to the version in Star Wars: Starfighter. But I may saturate it a bit more, yes.

Acryptozoo wrote:
nice! swbf2 could use a lok map Very Happy
SWG inspired?

Yes, it is SWG inspired. Loosely based on the IG88 Heroic Instance, but I decided to give it a better crisp look. While recreating things from another game is fun and all, it's always a bit of a good thing to take a little bit of creative liberties and make it a bit more unique. Of course, I'm going to try and keep mostly true to the whole thing, but I think a bit of a difference is in order here.

Expect more updates as they come.

Also, I thank you for helping with my .prp file. I knew something was wrong with it somehow. lol Laughing
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound I_icon_minitime7/27/2011, 7:02 am

BTW, I can grab you some reference for lok, as i moved to planet lok joining a new guild there. If that helps.
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound I_icon_minitime7/27/2011, 9:39 am

Icemember wrote:
BTW, I can grab you some reference for lok, as i moved to planet lok joining a new guild there. If that helps.

That would be nice. I know the water's light brownish muddy color. Mainly going off the SW: Starfighter look of the land, but kind of keeping SWG in mind. So, kinda half of both.

Anyways, gotta get sleep. See you later.

Also, I might be adding dust soon. Not too much, though. Just little bits of dust here and there.
Back to top Go down
naru1305
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
naru1305

Registration Date : 2011-07-04

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound I_icon_minitime7/27/2011, 11:18 am

looks really cool, but maybe you can add some more props on the ground
Back to top Go down
Noobasaurus
Clone Trooper Corporal
Clone Trooper Corporal
Noobasaurus

Registration Date : 2011-07-10

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound I_icon_minitime7/27/2011, 5:09 pm

Looks like it needs more cover but besides that, pretty cool! Smile
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound I_icon_minitime7/27/2011, 6:00 pm

I already knew about the cover issues. Smile I was thinking of putting a couple destroyed walkers, a few boxes, some more pipes, etc.
Back to top Go down
THEWULFMAN
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
THEWULFMAN

Registration Date : 2011-07-02

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound I_icon_minitime7/27/2011, 7:51 pm

Interesting. I would have suggested that the ground be darker, and less saturated, but its your map and you obviously want it like that.
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound I_icon_minitime7/27/2011, 8:18 pm

The ground actually is gonna be a tad bit darker than this hopefully. Maybe might de-saturate it a little, but not by much. But darker - definitely. Though to be fair, the ground on Lok is actually fairly light, at least in SWG. But in the SW: Starfighter version it appeared to be about the shade that I have it, so I'm actually rather confused on what I want to go with as of right now.
Back to top Go down
Acryptozoo
Clone Trooper Lieutenant
Clone Trooper Lieutenant
Acryptozoo

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound I_icon_minitime7/27/2011, 8:29 pm

oh for the water recolor you could just use the deathstar's water
it works pretty good for muddy rivers
using it in my yavin IV canopy map Dance
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound I_icon_minitime7/27/2011, 9:01 pm

Acryptozoo wrote:
oh for the water recolor you could just use the deathstar's water
it works pretty good for muddy rivers
using it in my yavin IV canopy map Dance

Great idea! I'll have to change it up a bit later. Thanks. Smile

Also, if I have any more weapon requests, I'll let you know (though for the most part I'm covered). But this will be a bit down the line when I start on the sides.
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound I_icon_minitime7/28/2011, 3:19 am

[WIP] Lok: Factory Compound 671px-Loklandscape

So if I went off this, my terrain is too saturated and too dark (from previous pictures anyways, I've changed it since then.). It looks a bit....too....bright in SWG. Like, some of it doesn't make sense. The colors are so different. Greenish, yellowish, still a bit of brown/light tan, but I dunno.

I am thinking of adding a few trees near the river of mine, but that's about it. It's rather barren - with very few shrubs, trees, and cacti on the SWG Lok.

If I compare my colors that I have now with colors in SW: Starfighter, well....

Look at the terrain behind the freighter.

[WIP] Lok: Factory Compound LokPirateFreighter

[WIP] Lok: Factory Compound TF_super_SWS

Now look at my changes and compare them with the latest screens vs the SW Starfighter ones. (note, just in ZE atm on these screens, will munge and test later.

With a bit more adjusting, I can make it SW: SF like. I just need to add a bit more of a pinkish color (a very light and desaturated pink, I mean) to the terrain. I am still heavily modifying this map and there's constant tweaks to it. I hope it looks like I'm getting somewhere. I'll get in-game shots soon. I added the sun code to the .fx file and hopefully it'll make it look a tad better in-game.
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound I_icon_minitime7/28/2011, 5:36 am

LOL!! Looking good Raven.

Heres some terrain textures i took of lok while in game.

Lok terrain
---------------------------------
[WIP] Lok: Factory Compound Screenshot0646
[WIP] Lok: Factory Compound Screenshot0647
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound I_icon_minitime7/28/2011, 6:49 am

I almost want to ask for a sample texture of that so that I can replace mine.
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound I_icon_minitime7/28/2011, 8:06 am

Ill see what I can do commander LOL!
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound I_icon_minitime7/28/2011, 10:13 am

Still adjusting the textures. And your junk props work perfectly, I still need to reskin the exhaust portions so that they are 'off' and maybe add a little bit of rust to the textures as well.

So with a few adjustments, addition of the sun, tweaking of lighting, things are looking a tad better, but I may need to tweak the lighting a bit more because a few things don't look right on the colors.

Also, I am slightly curious: Why are there no shadows at all? It could be because I may have turned them off in-game, but I'm fairly certain I didn't do that, but I could be wrong.

I think instead of the SWG texture you showed me there, I'm going what I think the Lok terrain should look like in my own mind. And I say it's a slightly darkish brown, but I dunno.

Also, Acryptozoo: I shall definitely take into consideration the Death Star water you suggested. I'll be replacing the default water with that soon.

I am also curious about this. I have barriers placed so that AI won't run into walls and yet they still do it on the same fargin walls that I told them they cannot hit. Is there something I could be doing wrong? My hubs and connections are fine. I'm just thinking the barriers aren't exactly right at the moment.

But anyways, new screens. And yes adjustments are being made. I thank everyone for their support thus far in trying to recreate an awesome SWG experience.

Also for the Death Star water texture, I don't have to do too much for that, do I? Wouldn't think so, but I could be wrong. I am happy I am diving into all this and finally getting stuff done.

Also, list of credits thus far (will be adding more people).

Icemember for the props and support.
Acryptozoo for fixing my .prp file.
AQT for the Improved Bespin Assets and the continuing support.
Sky_216 for the props.
Pandemic/Lucas Arts for this fabulous game.
SOE/Lucas Arts for SWG inspirations.
My family for keeping sane while explaining to them what I'm doing to the map all the time.

Other than that, am I missing anything so far? It will be longer once I get more things into the map.

Edit- I almost forgot the screens. My bad.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Acryptozoo
Clone Trooper Lieutenant
Clone Trooper Lieutenant
Acryptozoo

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound I_icon_minitime7/28/2011, 12:36 pm

Nice Updates Very Happy
but the bespin props stick out abit try reskinning them
also theres alot of goot assets in the clone wars assets pack i think they'd fit good
and one seamless ground texture coming up
[WIP] Lok: Factory Compound Unledwkt
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound I_icon_minitime7/28/2011, 5:11 pm

Have you tried adjusting the hubs to a smaller size so the infantry wont run into the wall?
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound I_icon_minitime7/28/2011, 5:41 pm

Holy trap, Ackbar! I'm definitely gonna use that texture, Acrypt. Thanks.

Also, yeah, I was gonna reskin those. Maybe a bit more of a rusty junky metallic look of sorts - to show that the trash and junk has been dirtying up the place over the years. Could you perhaps skin those for me? I'm not good at reskinning buildings. Tried once and it was kinda weird. I'll probably improve in due time, but it'd be lovely if you could do textures for those?

Thanks for all your help so far, Acrypt and Ice. This has really been helping me out. I hope this map will turn out to be awesome!

I have one faction question, though, before I get too far.

In the TEV mod, there has been the story of the 514th Pathfinder Regiment and how it eventually became part of the Rebel Alliance. The TEV mod of course depicts something close to experiences that I've faced in SWG. Considering AQT and I have done a lot of Empire stuff, should I do straight up Rebellion in this map in particular?

In the IG-88 Heroic instance, all it said was, "A Group Of Spacers". It doesn't say what faction they were affiliated with or anything and I think I need to give a bit of a connection to the Rebel group that the 514th eventually is incorporated into around the time of ESB (just around the Battle of Hoth). And I think I need to show the Rebellion faction a little love.

Now in the Heroic Instance, IG-88 had multiple droids - exploding B-1's (which could be OP'd if you look at it) and droidekas in the few phases (we never got to the last phase because the Droidekas + Exploding B-1's would wipe our group), and giant Battledroids with flamethrowers and eventually IG-88 himself...but that doesn't seem like enough and I have to keep balance in mind.

So Rebellion vs ??? Any suggestions on what Droid Units there should be would be great.

And I was thinking for Clone Wars (as a flashback), Lok Revenants vs Trade Federation/CIS. Might as well do an homage to the Starfighter series with Nym (I need a Feeorin model, though.) http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/Nym If I am going to do that.

@Ice: Great idea. I'll try that. lol

@Acrypt: That texture is working flawlessly. It makes the map look 10x better. Thank you. More screens soon. Also, if you had noticed in one screen...that GT-1 crate. It's huge. But in ZE it's small.....it deceived me. So I am taking that out.

Also, Icemember: Can you isolate the main body (cargo hold/troop carrying section) of an AT-AT? No legs, no head/neck. Just need that. Because of this picture here:
[WIP] Lok: Factory Compound 417px-IG-88-factory
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound I_icon_minitime7/28/2011, 9:51 pm

So just an ATAT torso. Got it.
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound I_icon_minitime7/29/2011, 1:21 am

Icemember wrote:
So just an ATAT torso. Got it.

Indeed. Thank you, commander. I've been incredibly hard at work today on all this. I'm even backing up my progress to my external as I go.

Also a tiny little shield that you see there would be nice too. But I'll only use that for campaign purposes, so I don't need that for awhile.
Back to top Go down
Acryptozoo
Clone Trooper Lieutenant
Clone Trooper Lieutenant
Acryptozoo

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound I_icon_minitime7/31/2011, 1:59 pm

just thought of this
while it probably wouldnt look the best
you could reskin Kit Fito for Nym l
Back to top Go down
Lephenix
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Lephenix

Registration Date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound I_icon_minitime7/31/2011, 2:28 pm

It is looking Great Rev 8)
Back to top Go down
http://lephenixbeginnings.blogspot.fr/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[WIP] Lok: Factory Compound

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SWBF CUSTOM :: Star Wars Battlefront Games :: Map/Mod in progress-