SWBF CUSTOM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SWBF CUSTOM

The best way to custom your games.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Designated Days Operations

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Cerfon Rournes
Recruit
Recruit

Registration Date : 2011-01-29

Designated Days Operations - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 19 I_icon_minitime3/28/2012, 1:41 am

That's awesome. Keep it up. Great
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

Registration Date : 2010-08-21
Location : The good 'ol United States of America, Iowa Great Lakes region

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 19 I_icon_minitime3/28/2012, 2:07 am

Wow, commander! Looks great in-game! Will look even more awesome with proper lighting. :P

Speaking of walls and corridors, I'll try to export the one I'm working on tonight. Feel free to re-scale it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.loadedandplay.com
Lephenix
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Lephenix

Registration Date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 19 I_icon_minitime3/29/2012, 3:00 pm

Looks pretty good my friend, now it needs lot of props Smile .
Back to top Go down
http://lephenixbeginnings.blogspot.fr/
Icemember
Dark Trooper Phase 1 Class
Icemember

Registration Date : 2010-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 19 I_icon_minitime3/30/2012, 12:12 pm

Hi, thx commanders.

Here more updates. Props ahve entered the stage. New props are in there templete colors till further development.

I should have this map out in a day or 2.

Updates
------------------------------------------------
Designated Days Operations - Page 19 Prop1v
Designated Days Operations - Page 19 Prop2c
Designated Days Operations - Page 19 Prop3g
Designated Days Operations - Page 19 Prop4
Designated Days Operations - Page 19 Prop5
Back to top Go down
Delta-1035
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Registration Date : 2012-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 19 I_icon_minitime3/30/2012, 12:55 pm

Looks cool! Cool
Back to top Go down
Lephenix
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Lephenix

Registration Date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 19 I_icon_minitime3/30/2012, 2:18 pm

Looks excellent my friend, you have a cool style Cool .
Back to top Go down
http://lephenixbeginnings.blogspot.fr/
Bobfinkl
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Registration Date : 2010-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 19 I_icon_minitime3/30/2012, 8:24 pm

Well hello everyone, I've been hard at work on both my beachhead map and the town map. I was considering releasing them as a teaser to the Designated Days full mod, both of them (and then later on we can fit them in the mod somewhere). And rather than waste your time giving you just pictures here are the links to download both maps:
Town:
http://www.gamefront.com/files/21485695/D05.exe
Beachhead:
http://www.gamefront.com/files/21485711/DB1%28new%29.exe

The town is 95% completed. All thats left is to add in turret batteries and playtest them then determing how many/if I will include them (also considering adding tanks, but that's less likely due to the map design). I also still need a little balancing work.

And the Beachhead is about 85% done. I need to texture the interiors of the bunkers from snow to dirt. And add in ambient sounds. Set difficulty levels more precisely for hard and easy modes.

Please turn on your sound (specifically turn up the FX sounds), and play both difficulties, to get the full experience. I personally have played both maps many times and have not gotten bored of them, each playthrough is different than the last.

Let me know your thoughts on the map what things can be improved and any bugs/issues you may find!

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 19 I_icon_minitime3/30/2012, 9:07 pm

Thx guys.

Wonderful news Bobfinkl, DL-ing them. Well report feedback soon.
Back to top Go down
Bobfinkl
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 19 I_icon_minitime4/4/2012, 8:11 pm

Looking forward to seeing your feedback. Also if you guys find any visual errors (floating objects or visual inconsistencies) take a picture of it so I can find it.
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 19 I_icon_minitime4/5/2012, 4:05 am

For some odd reason I keep getting "This tab has recovered from a error" when clicking on both links.
Back to top Go down
Bobfinkl
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 19 I_icon_minitime4/6/2012, 1:26 am

Yes, it appears there is a problem with Internet Explorer and Filefront. I used Google chrome to upload the maps, and I can open it with Google chrome also, try another browser and I'm sure you'll be able to get it.
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 19 I_icon_minitime4/7/2012, 8:36 pm

So far things semms good dispite the huge laser effects. But I must say its an interesting touch. I like how the AI mans the turrents. Having that many CP,s, you should add the lock down CP script. Thought I was able to capture the town.

The jet trooper became my favorite class with its rapid shotgun blasts. I wasnt able to tell the difference between the rifleman weapon and the heavy trooper.

So far both maps fair real nice. No bugs yet. I dont count AI being stuck by a prop a bug. Cause evenutally they will get free soon as an enemy appears and its also a common thing.

All in all, good job!!
Back to top Go down
Bobfinkl
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 19 I_icon_minitime4/9/2012, 2:49 am

Icemember wrote:
So far things semms good dispite the huge laser effects. But I must say its an interesting touch. I like how the AI mans the turrents. Having that many CP,s, you should add the lock down CP script. Thought I was able to capture the town.

The jet trooper became my favorite class with its rapid shotgun blasts. I wasnt able to tell the difference between the rifleman weapon and the heavy trooper.

So far both maps fair real nice. No bugs yet. I dont count AI being stuck by a prop a bug. Cause evenutally they will get free soon as an enemy appears and its also a common thing.

All in all, good job!!

I do agree the laser effects are quite large, I implemented them when I was making my map Thrakia: Par'Vallia City, and when I made it I thought it would look rather spectacular if you saw all sorts of lights flashing around making contrast and making the battle that much more immersive. I just have gotten used to it, I personally like it though and these are my personal sides not what would be involved in the final version (that's whatever you/the team make) of Designated Days.

I disagree with locking down the CPs. When you play the defense, the ability to counterattack is invaluable, on the hard version you would get AI standing at CPs that the clones left abandoned doing nothing all too frequently.

Indeed the Jet trooper is an invaluable unit, but I must say give all the units a thorough playthrough (all besides the engineer of course, that is the most obvious purposeful unit, not much good in combat but it fixes turrets and sets mines). The difference is the Heavy trooper (or Vanguard in the case of the Rebels) is more sniper oriented, the weapon is semi-automatic rather than automatic, deals twice as much damage, but overheats quicker (I do admit however the first rifleman is far more versatile, I find it more than capable of handling any situation to a high standard, but the Heavy trooper does provide a slight sniper unit for the Republic seeing as their special is the Jet Trooper rather than a sniper).

Thank you very much for the feedback!

(Also this is absolutely unrelated, but the proper spelling is turrets not turrents. I see this all too frequently misspelled, and it bothers me to no end because in my head I read it as torrents, or occasionally tourrettes.)
Back to top Go down
ARC_Troopa_Nate
Clone Trooper Lietenant Colonel

Registration Date : 2011-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 19 I_icon_minitime4/15/2012, 6:38 pm

Had to redo my map (this is my third attempt at it) here are some screenshots, it's still a WIP of course.

Designated Days Operations - Page 19 VaqMc
Designated Days Operations - Page 19 SncQe
Designated Days Operations - Page 19 EZUn9
Designated Days Operations - Page 19 OZ5H1
Back to top Go down
http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-battlefront-expansion-mod
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 19 I_icon_minitime4/15/2012, 6:51 pm

@Bobfinkl - Yea I tend to type fast and hit reply without spell checking lol. Yes that kind of thing happensd with me too when miss spelling words.

@Arctroopanate - looking good. Like the change of colors. Hmm thought its winter. But will have to see if raven can come up with something why its winter lol. But the island chapter 1 takes place on, is all summer season.
Back to top Go down
ARC_Troopa_Nate

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 19 I_icon_minitime4/15/2012, 6:53 pm

The map takes place in the mountains, so it would still be fairly cold up there. I could make the ashes darker possible, and make it volcanic ash if you'd like.
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 19 I_icon_minitime4/18/2012, 10:31 pm

Ok I decided were going with Bobfinkl's rain map for D06. As for you map.

@Arctroopanate - your map looks good for a eagle nest's kind of map.
Where a high ranked important Ultralist is making his last stand kind of map.

An updated to all team members. We have come far in chapter 1: Republic Ghost and we got all 6 maps nailed down.
So we will finish off what needs to be down and touch the maps up. So hopefully soon. I'll post when were ready to get a beta crew.
Back to top Go down
ARC_Troopa_Nate

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 19 I_icon_minitime4/18/2012, 10:48 pm

Great, works for me. I'm just glad that it will be used at all. All the other maps look amazing compared to my map. Crying or Very sad

I've learned some new things since working on it, so I'll be able to touch it up.
Back to top Go down
Bobfinkl
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 19 I_icon_minitime4/19/2012, 2:20 am

Icemember wrote:
Ok I decided were going with Bobfinkl's rain map for D06. As for you map.

@Arctroopanate - your map looks good for a eagle nest's kind of map.
Where a high ranked important Ultralist is making his last stand kind of map.

An updated to all team members. We have come far in chapter 1: Republic Ghost and we got all 6 maps nailed down.
So we will finish off what needs to be down and touch the maps up. So hopefully soon. I'll post when were ready to get a beta crew.
That sounds great, when you are ready send off the maps to me for the final touch-ups and I will get them all looking quite spiffy.

ARC_troopa_Nate wrote:
Great, works for me. I'm just glad that it will be used at all. All the other maps look amazing compared to my map. Crying or Very sad

I've learned some new things since working on it, so I'll be able to touch it up.
I think, especially considering the amount of experience you have, it is an excellent map. And as for the final product, I will be touching it up I will be sure that all the maps really look great for the final release.
Back to top Go down
ARC_Troopa_Nate

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 19 I_icon_minitime4/19/2012, 10:58 am

Thanks Bobfinkl. I'll be able to work on it this weekend, I might be able to send it next weekend, depending on how much work I do on it.
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 19 I_icon_minitime5/7/2012, 9:25 pm

So as we near completion. I prepared 3 maps ready for Bobfinkl to touch up which he can expect very soon. We then can began testing all 6 maps or call for a beta team. Which ever works for us. Meantime heres few shots of d01

D01
---------------------------------------------------
Designated Days Operations - Page 19 Do1z
Designated Days Operations - Page 19 Do11
Designated Days Operations - Page 19 Do12
Designated Days Operations - Page 19 Do13

Last edited by Icemember on 5/7/2012, 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrections)
Back to top Go down
Bobfinkl
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 19 I_icon_minitime5/7/2012, 11:28 pm

Send the maps on over Icemember I'll get them prepped and ready to go in no time. And as for the betaing my personal thought would be create a WIP on gametoast and call for beta testers, there will be no shortage of willing volunteers. Not only will we get a plethora of volunteers we will get some good advertising for the mod before release, it should create hype for the mod.
Back to top Go down
ARC_Troopa_Nate

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 19 I_icon_minitime5/8/2012, 12:14 am

I completely agree with Bob, posting on Gametoast will create hype, first I think we should have a team-only beta, then we can have a Gametoast Beta.
Back to top Go down
SpartanA259
Clone Trooper PFC
Clone Trooper PFC
SpartanA259

Registration Date : 2011-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 19 I_icon_minitime5/8/2012, 1:08 am

I agree with the above.
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

Registration Date : 2010-08-21
Location : The good 'ol United States of America, Iowa Great Lakes region

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 19 I_icon_minitime5/8/2012, 2:38 am

SpartanA259 wrote:
I agree with the above.

I conc--- *Can feel THEWULFMAN staring into my soul* I also agree with this assessment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.loadedandplay.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 19 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Designated Days Operations

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 19 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 34  Next