SWBF CUSTOM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SWBF CUSTOM

The best way to custom your games.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rules/Guidelines on Submitting/Submitted Maps

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

Registration Date : 2010-08-21
Location : The good 'ol United States of America, Iowa Great Lakes region

Rules/Guidelines on Submitting/Submitted Maps Empty
PostSubject: Rules/Guidelines on Submitting/Submitted Maps   Rules/Guidelines on Submitting/Submitted Maps I_icon_minitime4/25/2016, 9:14 pm

The aim of Designated Days originally was to essentially up the epicness of battles, but base maps, units, vehicles, and props on historical World War II battles. A custom story for this series has been made already, but we can always add to the story.

This is more of a guideline topic of things to keep in mind when submitting maps.

General Guidelines:

1. It is not required to base it off of historical battles, but if you think your map will be able to fit in the story, or want it included regardless of what it looks like, that's fine. We're dynamic and can work with anything.

2. I wouldn't make one with custom sides, as that is what we would be doing with the map in the end anyways, unless we release assets to the community as open source soon - which I personally am open to as well. That is not to say that you CAN'T make custom sides, I would just generally leave the sides be and focus on the visuals and gameplay style of the map. Of course you can let us know of your custom legion and we'll implement them into the story somewhere.

3. Let us know which era it will be in. For example: "Map Name [ID]" or "[ID] Map Name" <--- Imperial Days.

3a. Quick list of era prefixes: DD (The main mod), ED (Early Days), PtW or PW (Prelude to War), ID (Imperial Days), FOR (First Order Rising), TOR (The Old Republic).

4. Plan for it to be big, since most maps focus on large battles. If you want it to be more of a small stealth sort of operation, let us know. Stealth and Reconnaissance missions are cool too and, if implemented in the story correctly, will lead to these big battles.

5. As I mentioned on 2, you may request us to do legions/sides you have in mind, and we'll make them for you. If you have references for what you guys want, pictures and videos would be greatly appreciated as it will make modding times shorter for quicker standalone releases.

6. Have fun! That's the most important thing when mapping: Making things YOU want to see in-game.

7. When mapping, please keep the era(s) you intend these for in mind, so that we know how to implement everything else.

I think that's it, Commanders! Remember, these are just guidelines, not rules.
Back to top Go down
http://www.loadedandplay.com
Cdt Fox
Clone Trooper Lieutenant Major
Clone Trooper Lieutenant Major
Cdt Fox

Registration Date : 2014-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Rules/Guidelines on Submitting/Submitted Maps   Rules/Guidelines on Submitting/Submitted Maps I_icon_minitime4/26/2016, 6:12 am

Looks Really good I'll start modding when my computer get back to the life...

Just some question:
1) can we ask custom assets from the previous map (props, sky...or whatever this is) in order to put it in our own maps?
And for exemple I choose the 63rd Republican Guard can I eventually make the skins and you will have the models? (Or even better can I will be able to have some clones models just in order to see how it looks in my map?)

2)Where I can put the WIP? "In the designated days operation" topic or there will be a new one?
Back to top Go down
http://www.moddb.com/members/cdtfox
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

Registration Date : 2010-08-21
Location : The good 'ol United States of America, Iowa Great Lakes region

PostSubject: Re: Rules/Guidelines on Submitting/Submitted Maps   Rules/Guidelines on Submitting/Submitted Maps I_icon_minitime4/26/2016, 7:40 am

1. Of course, I don't see why not. That'd probably make it 10x easier for when we implement them. Maybe Commander Icer here can upload some of the common assets used from previous DD maps.

2. This specific forum subsection will contain a topic for that, yes. I would ask people to take and post screenshots.

Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.loadedandplay.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rules/Guidelines on Submitting/Submitted Maps   Rules/Guidelines on Submitting/Submitted Maps I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rules/Guidelines on Submitting/Submitted Maps

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1