SWBF CUSTOM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SWBF CUSTOM

The best way to custom your games.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Solved]Class Balance

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Glitch
Storm Trooper Corporal
Storm Trooper Corporal
Glitch

Registration Date : 2012-04-02

[Solved]Class Balance Empty
PostSubject: [Solved]Class Balance   [Solved]Class Balance I_icon_minitime10/7/2012, 7:30 pm

I really don't like to play BF2 online anymore. I rather not enter a match and be destroyed constantly by rocket launchers, midair detpacks, health greedy engineers, long range shotguns etc. I want to figure out a way to make online play better for the SWBF2 gamer. If I could get your opinions on this it will make it all the more appealing to the community.

What things can we do in our mods to fix this. I know most of the time when people create a mod it generally gets more use in single player than it does online. But when they do get a chance at online play the players may become as frustrated as they do when playing with the stock sides.

What can we do to fix this without sacrificing the need for specific weapons or equipment in the game. I've got a few Ideas.

- Remove the rocket launcher on maps with no vehicles, replace with carbine (although they can be useful against turrets)
- Increase the time before detonation when a mine or detpack is thrown (No more cheap kills)
- Instead of the health dispenser use a heath wave that heals 100 hp only (What about ammo?)
- Decrease shotgun range (lasers dissipate quicker)

Any other ideas guys? (I'm going to take these ideas into account for my own upcoming mods)

Last edited by Glitch on 11/26/2012, 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://2img.net/r/ihimg/a/img841/5206/glitchesultimatesidemod.jpg
NightGhost
Corporal
Corporal
NightGhost

Registration Date : 2011-08-18

PostSubject: Re: [Solved]Class Balance   [Solved]Class Balance I_icon_minitime10/19/2012, 8:41 pm

Well I dont know about the rocket launchers... I personally find their blast radius far underpowered. (Like really? Who can stand five feet away from an RPG explosion and take very little damage?) But here is what I think:

-Health dispensers only applies to teammates
-Reduced accuracy when in motion
-Sniper rifles can zoom in longer, but player cant move in zoom (like a turret)
-Sniper rifles fly way off to the side when in motion
-Detpacks have less gravity, but bigger blast radius
-All units have 100 - 200 less health (because getting the drop on somone means you should win 99.9% of the time)
-Find a way to stop the Dark Trooper cheat where they fire repeatedly
-Mines are harder to see
-Managaurd poison lasts longer
-shotguns have smaller range
Back to top Go down
Glitch
Storm Trooper Corporal
Storm Trooper Corporal
Glitch

PostSubject: Re: [Solved]Class Balance   [Solved]Class Balance I_icon_minitime10/21/2012, 3:10 pm

NightGhost wrote:
Well I dont know about the rocket launchers... I personally find their blast radius far underpowered. (Like really? Who can stand five feet away from an RPG explosion and take very little damage?)
You make a good point. But I still believe that rockets should be removed from maps with no vehicles. Doesn't really make sense to have them there, a sticky grenade will take care of the turrets just fine.

Coruscant, Dagobah, Death Star, Jabba's Palace, Kamino, Most Eisley, Mustufar, and Tantive IV all don't have vehicles within the battle. They are all also great close quarters combat maps. (Polis Massa as well I suppose) I think this is the perfect fix.

Rocketeer Class (CQC Maps)
-Shotgun
-Pistol
-Concussion Grenades (Primarily affecting vehicles)
-Time Bombs

Engineer Class
-Carbine (High rate of fire, low damage)
-Fusion Cutter
-Heath Wave (1 per clip 100-200 hp heal)
-Detpacks (3-5 second delay before detonation, more damage on vehicles, less on players)

NightGhost wrote:
-Sniper rifles can zoom in longer, but player cant move in zoom (like a turret)
-Find a way to stop the Dark Trooper cheat where they fire repeatedly
-Mines are harder to see
-I like that stand still idea with the snipers. That could really help with the balance. (But hipfire is still accurate)
-I always thought that was lag. Haha, I'll look at the code when I get a new computer.
-I'm removing the glow from mines and grenades in my "Ultimate CIS" mod. (Going to be reducing grenade damage)
Back to top Go down
NightGhost
Corporal
Corporal
NightGhost

Registration Date : 2011-08-18

PostSubject: Re: [Solved]Class Balance   [Solved]Class Balance I_icon_minitime10/23/2012, 8:53 pm

Yah, on any close quarters map I think I will just outright remove snipers. They are completley usesless to anyone who uses them correctly, and aggititating when somone doesnt but still gets away with it.

Instead I replaced them with "recon" units.

Recon Class (CQB)
-SubMachinegun (High rate of fire, low accuracy and damage)
-Grenade Launcher
-Thermal Detonator
-Recon Droid
-Varying Secondary

On regular maps I give snipers insane loss of accuracy when firing on the move.
Back to top Go down
Glitch
Storm Trooper Corporal
Storm Trooper Corporal
Glitch

PostSubject: Re: [Solved]Class Balance   [Solved]Class Balance I_icon_minitime11/4/2012, 4:19 pm

NightGhost wrote:
Yah, on any close quarters map I think I will just outright remove snipers. They are completley usesless to anyone who uses them correctly, and aggititating when somone doesnt but still gets away with it.

Instead of removing them completely you could provide the player with a 3rd person zoom instead of a scope zoom in CQB maps. Un-zoomed is always inaccurate but standing and zooming still has perfect accuracy. (I think I'll keep movement when zoomed so they don't have to un-zoom to avoid explosives or enemies.)

Moving - 30% Accuracy
Zoomed Moving - 50% Accuracy
Standing - 70% Accuracy
Zoomed Standing - 90% Accuracy
Crouched - 100% Accuracy
Zoomed Crouching - 100% Accuracy

Edit: Changed zoomed standing to 90% (Good idea Revan)

Last edited by Glitch on 11/5/2012, 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

Registration Date : 2010-08-21
Location : The good 'ol United States of America, Iowa Great Lakes region

PostSubject: Re: [Solved]Class Balance   [Solved]Class Balance I_icon_minitime11/5/2012, 4:07 am

Would say 'zoomed standing' should be more about 85-90%.
Back to top Go down
http://www.loadedandplay.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Solved]Class Balance   [Solved]Class Balance I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Solved]Class Balance

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1