SWBF CUSTOM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SWBF CUSTOM

The best way to custom your games.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[News/Petition] Help us stop ACTA!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

Registration Date : 2010-08-21
Location : The good 'ol United States of America, Iowa Great Lakes region

[News/Petition] Help us stop ACTA! Empty
PostSubject: [News/Petition] Help us stop ACTA!   [News/Petition] Help us stop ACTA! I_icon_minitime1/28/2012, 6:09 pm

What is ACTA, you ask? It's a new global "trade agreement" against counterfeiting offenses in order to stop copyright violations, in the basic sense, but here's the official definition: "'The Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement' is a proposed plurilateral agreement for the purpose of establishing international standards on intellectual property rights enforcement".

Will it pass? No...not if you help us thwart their little precious agreement! If ACTA passes, it will destroy the freedom of the internet and introduce new ways to send people to jail for the slightest offense, even so much as having a song in the background of a video. If SOPA and PIPA weren't enough, in comes ACTA, just strolling along, hoping to gain acceptance from the people around it. Well, it won't have my acceptance, even if it tries to act like a cute little puppy. Here is the video explaining what it does and what the consequences of it could be. Please watch it!

And then sign the petition here, please: Petition against ACTA HERE!

Tell your friends to oppose it, please! It is of the utmost importance that this does not pass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.loadedandplay.com
Lephenix
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Lephenix

Registration Date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: [News/Petition] Help us stop ACTA!   [News/Petition] Help us stop ACTA! I_icon_minitime1/29/2012, 5:43 pm

Signed 8) .
Back to top Go down
http://lephenixbeginnings.blogspot.fr/
Larsen Chaest
Grunt
Grunt
Larsen Chaest

Registration Date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: [News/Petition] Help us stop ACTA!   [News/Petition] Help us stop ACTA! I_icon_minitime1/30/2012, 4:31 pm

Signed, of course!
Those guys are so made... :p Jumpy :p alien
Back to top Go down
http://Hihihi.com
ARC_Troopa_Nate
Clone Trooper Lietenant Colonel
Clone Trooper Lietenant Colonel

Registration Date : 2011-07-07

PostSubject: Re: [News/Petition] Help us stop ACTA!   [News/Petition] Help us stop ACTA! I_icon_minitime1/30/2012, 4:56 pm

signed.

I hated SOPA and ACTA before it was cool.
Back to top Go down
http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-battlefront-expansion-mod
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

Registration Date : 2010-08-21
Location : The good 'ol United States of America, Iowa Great Lakes region

PostSubject: Re: [News/Petition] Help us stop ACTA!   [News/Petition] Help us stop ACTA! I_icon_minitime1/30/2012, 7:37 pm

ARC_troopa_Nate wrote:
signed.

I hated SOPA and ACTA before it was cool.

Indeed. They honestly THINK they can stop piracy? Well, it won't happen without suppressing the rights of everyone else. It's like this: Pirate taps Ubisoft on the shoulder....Ubisoft gets up, turns around, and knocks out the customer. A lot of people who did sign this agreement are likely people who don't know what it's really about. It's likely one of those things where they go up to someone important and say, "Sign it. I assure you, it'll be worth it, and people will be happy as a result." If they knew what the consequences of all this was, they'd likely turn against it - unless they know and they're trying to pass it regardless of those consequences. The internet is a precious tool. To have it taken away or even limited would absolutely kill most countries who use it. The internet does so many things. It brings jobs in, it helps with entertainment, it helps us do our tax returns, it helps us shop from home, it helps us run our businesses, the list is endless. To do something like this? Well it's absolutely unheard of. It's one of the biggest freedoms people of the world have! They would honestly sacrifice freedom for security? No thanks. We already have enough security. Piracy will go on, much like terrorism. You cannot defeat an ideal. It takes but a seed of thought and will to do something like that...and if you couple that with people having the same ideas, you have a large following.

Do I promote piracy or terrorism? No. I dislike it as much as the next person, but it doesn't mean I nor anyone else could stop it. If you try to stop these kinds of things, you end up punishing more than just those people in the results.

If a town in the middle-east destroyed a coalition convoy, would we nuke the whole town because of a mere few? Ask yourself that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.loadedandplay.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [News/Petition] Help us stop ACTA!   [News/Petition] Help us stop ACTA! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[News/Petition] Help us stop ACTA!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1