SWBF CUSTOM

The best way to custom your games.
 
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Star Wars Galaxies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Icemember
Dark Trooper Phase 1 Class
Dark Trooper Phase 1 Class
avatar

Messages : 1233
Registration Date : 2010-07-29
Age : 37
Location : Bespin: Cloud City

PostSubject: Star Wars Galaxies   7/27/2011, 2:53 am

Star Wars Galaxies will be FREE to play from .October 15th, 2011 to December 15th, 2011 when the game closes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Acryptozoo
Clone Trooper Lieutenant
Clone Trooper Lieutenant
avatar

Messages : 145
Registration Date : 2010-05-11
Age : 22
Location : fighting the empire

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies   7/27/2011, 12:19 pm

Icemember wrote:
Star Wars Galaxies will be FREE to play from .October 15th, 2011 to December 15th, 2011 when the game closes.
awesome Dance
will defiantly rejoin for that
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
avatar

Messages : 964
Registration Date : 2010-08-21
Age : 27
Location : The good 'ol United States of America, Iowa Great Lakes region

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies   7/27/2011, 6:36 pm

Star Wars Galaxies. The MMO that started it off for me getting into gaming even more. It was a milestone in my life. And now it's coming to a close. This makes me extremely sad, but all I can do is remember the great times I had with this fantastic MMO. It ALWAYS came first over WoW in my book. It was truly fantastic. SOE would've done better had they not driven away most of their fan base with the CU and NGE (I personally liked it, but most others didn't handle the changes). Heh. I suppose it was going to be inevitable eventually.

I can't see why they couldn't just hand it off to someone else and that someone else would make it F2P, but I'm sure that's been discussed before on why it can't happen. If I were them, I'd hand of the entire source code to the guys who are doing the SWGEmu (for free) and they can add content without changing the base game of the old SWG. But I guess SOE doesn't like that. Heh. What a shame. I love this game, though. Galactic Civil War, my dream to run around as a Stormtrooper with an E-11 or something among thousands and thousands of other players and NPC's across multiple servers. Having full scale wars. Mounts, pets, everything. Blaster fire and explosions across the fields of one of the many planets. PvP, PvE, etc, etc. The fact of how it immerses you into the SW galaxy. Heh, good times, good times. I shall play during this free period of time, unless my SWTOR guild and I are playing TOR.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.loadedandplay.com
Acryptozoo
Clone Trooper Lieutenant
Clone Trooper Lieutenant
avatar

Messages : 145
Registration Date : 2010-05-11
Age : 22
Location : fighting the empire

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies   7/27/2011, 6:54 pm

RevanSithLord wrote:
Star Wars Galaxies. The MMO that started it off for me getting into gaming even more. It was a milestone in my life. And now it's coming to a close. This makes me extremely sad, but all I can do is remember the great times I had with this fantastic MMO. It ALWAYS came first over WoW in my book. It was truly fantastic. SOE would've done better had they not driven away most of their fan base with the CU and NGE (I personally liked it, but most others didn't handle the changes). Heh. I suppose it was going to be inevitable eventually.

I can't see why they couldn't just hand it off to someone else and that someone else would make it F2P, but I'm sure that's been discussed before on why it can't happen. If I were them, I'd hand of the entire source code to the guys who are doing the SWGEmu (for free) and they can add content without changing the base game of the old SWG. But I guess SOE doesn't like that. Heh. What a shame. I love this game, though. Galactic Civil War, my dream to run around as a Stormtrooper with an E-11 or something among thousands and thousands of other players and NPC's across multiple servers. Having full scale wars. Mounts, pets, everything. Blaster fire and explosions across the fields of one of the many planets. PvP, PvE, etc, etc. The fact of how it immerses you into the SW galaxy. Heh, good times, good times. I shall play during this free period of time, unless my SWTOR guild and I are playing TOR.
^ This
its sad to see such an awesome game so away even though i only played for a month or so but there was soo much do do and explore and alot of awesome content its sad to see them just thow it all away
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
avatar

Messages : 964
Registration Date : 2010-08-21
Age : 27
Location : The good 'ol United States of America, Iowa Great Lakes region

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies   7/27/2011, 7:48 pm

Acryptozoo wrote:
RevanSithLord wrote:
Star Wars Galaxies. The MMO that started it off for me getting into gaming even more. It was a milestone in my life. And now it's coming to a close. This makes me extremely sad, but all I can do is remember the great times I had with this fantastic MMO. It ALWAYS came first over WoW in my book. It was truly fantastic. SOE would've done better had they not driven away most of their fan base with the CU and NGE (I personally liked it, but most others didn't handle the changes). Heh. I suppose it was going to be inevitable eventually.

I can't see why they couldn't just hand it off to someone else and that someone else would make it F2P, but I'm sure that's been discussed before on why it can't happen. If I were them, I'd hand of the entire source code to the guys who are doing the SWGEmu (for free) and they can add content without changing the base game of the old SWG. But I guess SOE doesn't like that. Heh. What a shame. I love this game, though. Galactic Civil War, my dream to run around as a Stormtrooper with an E-11 or something among thousands and thousands of other players and NPC's across multiple servers. Having full scale wars. Mounts, pets, everything. Blaster fire and explosions across the fields of one of the many planets. PvP, PvE, etc, etc. The fact of how it immerses you into the SW galaxy. Heh, good times, good times. I shall play during this free period of time, unless my SWTOR guild and I are playing TOR.
^ This
its sad to see such an awesome game so away even though i only played for a month or so but there was soo much do do and explore and alot of awesome content its sad to see them just thow it all away

Them throwing it away all seems like a huge waste - I feel like they could save it if they just made it F2P on everything right now. Just pop in some ads and they can still make a little bit (not much, but a little bit) of revenue off of it. Though it DOES cost to keep up servers, so I suppose that's why they can't do that. But I still don't think they'd go under if they do decide to go F2P indefinitely - Sony has SOOOOOOO much money. And so does Lucas Arts. I don't think F2P would kill them. If they care about making customers happy, they'd go ahead and just make it F2P. Keep us a bit longer. I don't think TOR (Bioware and LA) should be the death of SWG. They added so much content, brought many people together. And now they're throwing all that away? A system that, in my opinion, was the best mechanics for an MMO compared to WoW. In WoW, you cannot fly X-wings or TIE Fighters. In WoW you cannot really use lightsabers or the force....or cool blasters with high ROF and DPS. I'd pick up a high damage Lightsaber with two high quality Krayt pearls infused into it over some sword with magical enhancements any day. SWG always kept me on my toes - WoW bored the heck out of me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.loadedandplay.com
Icemember
Dark Trooper Phase 1 Class
Dark Trooper Phase 1 Class
avatar

Messages : 1233
Registration Date : 2010-07-29
Age : 37
Location : Bespin: Cloud City

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies   7/27/2011, 9:25 pm

SOE is taking in ideas as of right now. Register at there forums and post your ideas. The developers always and I mean ALWAYS check there everyday looking for ideas from the fans of SWG. Chances are very high as the closing nears everyday that they will use your ideas if it earns them a buck.

SOE also said too expect surprises within the next few months which was a month ago.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
avatar

Messages : 964
Registration Date : 2010-08-21
Age : 27
Location : The good 'ol United States of America, Iowa Great Lakes region

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies   7/27/2011, 10:21 pm

Icemember wrote:
SOE is taking in ideas as of right now. Register at there forums and post your ideas. The developers always and I mean ALWAYS check there everyday looking for ideas from the fans of SWG. Chances are very high as the closing nears everyday that they will use your ideas if it earns them a buck.

SOE also said too expect surprises within the next few months which was a month ago.

I did have an account there, I need to remember the information. Did you see any F2P ideas on there? I'm sure they don't wanna hear the same things over and over.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.loadedandplay.com
Icemember
Dark Trooper Phase 1 Class
Dark Trooper Phase 1 Class
avatar

Messages : 1233
Registration Date : 2010-07-29
Age : 37
Location : Bespin: Cloud City

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies   7/27/2011, 10:27 pm

Was mainly reading about the increase difficulty on SWG. They should lower the difficulty as many have left the game and barly anyone wants to do the group activities such as HK, DWB, TK, Corvette.

I'm pretty sure there must be such topics, but always good to look anyhow LOL!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
avatar

Messages : 964
Registration Date : 2010-08-21
Age : 27
Location : The good 'ol United States of America, Iowa Great Lakes region

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies   7/27/2011, 10:30 pm

Icemember wrote:
Was mainly reading about the increase difficulty on SWG. They should lower the difficulty as many have left the game and barly anyone wants to do the group activities such as HK, DWB, TK, Corvette.

I'm pretty sure there must be such topics, but always good to look anyhow LOL!!

Yeah. Doesn't hurt to look. I'll check the forums.

And yeah, they should lower the difficulty a bit, indeed. I can't tell you how many times even a full group got pulverized, even when using flawless tactics, when facing HK, the DWB, TK, Corvette, as well as IG-88, and the Blackguard Star Destroyer. Especially the Blackguard. Ouch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.loadedandplay.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies   

Back to top Go down
 

Star Wars Galaxies

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

 Similar topics

-
» Star Wars Galaxies-Stella Bellum
» Looking for New Star Wars Lego
» Hot Toys making Indiana Jones figures, hints at Star Wars as well...
» AT TE WALKER - for the star wars fans - DONT pay $250 when you can pay....
» Star Wars - Sideshow Collectables THREAD

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SWBF CUSTOM :: Other Games :: Game Discussion-